Chapter 10

"I was was born in Riverclan, but was raised in Thunderclan because of my amber pelt and amber eyes. Now they want me back. But I'm choosing the clan that was my home. I'm choosing   Thunderclan." She turned to Troutstar and added. "Next time, don't give a kit away, and just expect them to come back, like la dee da nothing happened. Cause something did happen. I found a life in my clan, and I'm not going back." Hawkstar gazed at her, pride showing in his green gaze. 

"So that's how it's gonna be?" Troutstar asked. Amberpaw nodded. "We'll see apprentice. We'll see." He flicked his tail at Riverclan, and they left the Gathering. Hawkstar also signaled to leave, and Amberpaw walked by her foster littermates.

"I'm so glad you're staying!" Rosepaw twined her tail with Amberpaw's. 

"Me too." Amberpaw brushed against her. 

-TIME SKIP-

Amberpaw's assessment was happening now, she had already caught a thrush and mouse, now she was gonna try to catch a squirrel. Aha! She thought, I've found one. She stalked forward silently, and once she was near enough, she pounced. She killed it with a bite to its neck. 

"Well done." Her mentor, Blossomflower meowed, appearing from behind a tree. "You passed." 

"I did?" Her voice squeaked excitedly. 

"Of course." Her mentor replied warmly. "Come on, let's head back to camp!" Amberpaw followed her mentor, carrying her mouse and squirrel. 

"Did she pass?" Birchstride asked Blossomflower. 

"Absolutely. She has great hunting skill." Blossomflower dropped the thrush in the fresh-kill pile.  

"What do you think my warrior name will be?" Asked Rosepaw. 

"Rosepelt!" Amberpaw teased. 

"Yours will be Watercat!" Seedpaw padded up to the two she-cats. 

"Sure, Hawkstar will name me that, but he'll name you Seedclaw, which means your claws are as tiny as seeds!" Amberpaw purred. 

"No way!" Seedpaw meowed.

"Guess what! We passed! We passed!" Lappaw burst into camp, Tigerpaw and Snowpaw on his heels. 

"And I'm betting Sappaw and Leafpaw pass, cause I have great faith in them." Snowpaw declared. Sappaw and Leafpaw padded in the camp entrance, heads hanging low. 

"What happened?" Tigerpaw asked.

"Did you fail?" Seedpaw wondered. 

"Ha! Gotcha!" Sappaw and Leafpaw said together. The apprentices sat down beside each other and waited. 

"I must make eight apprentices warriors." Grief flashed through Amberpaw like a bolt of lightning. Mousecall should've been with us.  

"So I am told they passed their assessments. So, Amberpaw, step forward. Amberpaw, do promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Amberpaw's heart was light as she replied,

"I do!" It's happening! I'm becoming a warrior in Thunderclan!

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Amberpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Amberstream. Starclan honors your loyalty and swiftness, and we welcome you a full warrior in Thunderclan." Amberstream gave his shoulder a respectful lick, them she backed up, and let her littermates become warriors. Rosepaw was now Roseblaze, Seedpaw; Seedspring, Tigerpaw; Tigerflame, Lappaw; Lappool, Snowpaw; Snowfall, Sappaw; Sapleaf, and Leafpaw became Leafmist. I did it! Amberstream thought, I'm a warrior!

I got the name Amberstream from @Kittennoodle's warrior name generater. 

Thank you so much!