Chapter 13

Thank you @Jproar200 for the idea. Keep being awesome!

Silentswift's kits were born. Mellowkit, Blackkit, Swiftkit and Hazelkit were all healthy. Amberstream liked the choices of names for the kits. She hoped she would have a apprentice soon, once she had healed. Speaking of which, 

"Am I healed yet?" Amberstream asked Dockleaf, again.

"Are you healed yet?" Dockleaf asked her. "You are getting so annoying." 

"Gosh! I am healed! Bye Dockleaf." Dockleaf grunted and continued sorting herbs. 

She came outside in time to see Ashkit and Brackenkit bouncing around, getting cleaned by Lakeclaw. This must be their apprentice ceremony. 

"Ashkit, step forward. From this moment on, you will be known as Ashpaw. Whiskerflight, you have never had a apprentice, but you have been trained well by Rockfur. Pass on all that you know." Hawkstar paused, then went on.

"Brackenkit, step forward. From this moment on, you will be known as Brackenpaw. Earstripe, you too have not had a apprentice, but you were trained well by Stormheart. Pass on all that you know." Amberstream yowled their names to the sky. 

"Hawkstar! Hawkstar!" Lilyfur burst into camp. "There are strangers on our territory! I came to warn you while Twigtail and Sweetclaw escorted their leader here." A tabby brown she-cat emerged from the entrance along with a black tom and a spotted she-cat. Sweetclaw and Twigtail followed. 

"Greetings, my name is Poppystar. This is my deputy, Smokeface. My medicine cat, Tawnyspirit. We are Skyclan." There were collective gasps around the clearing. 

"Now, which clan are you?" Poppystar asked.

"We are Thunderclan. My name is Hawkstar. My deputy, Sunblaze and this is our medicine cat, Dockleaf." Hawkstar replied politely, flicking his tail towards the cats he mentioned. 

"Could we talk, somewhere private?" Poppystar meowed. 

"Yes, but I want Sunblaze, Dockleaf and yes, Amberstream." Amberstream padded towards her foster father. 

"Let's go out into the forest." Tawnyspirit suggested. They went to the training clearing, then Poppystar began. 

"Long ago, Skyclan was driven from the forest, because our territory had gotten claimed by twolegs. The other clans refused to make space for Skyclan, so our leader at the time, Cloudstar, led us to a gorge, where we made our home. But rats drove us out, and so we sought shelter here, and were hoping you'd share territory with us." 

"Well, we'd have to decide at the next gathering, but you can stay with Thunderclan till then." 

"Thank you so much!" Tawnyspirit mewed. "We are all so tired." 

"Hush, Tawnyspirit." Poppystar shushed her. "Thank you for offering us space." 

"Won't you come back to camp?" Dockleaf asked. "I have strengthening herbs." 

"Juniper?" Tawnyspirit asked. 

"And the one that we use for traveling herbs, I can never remember," Dockleaf said.

"Burnet? Or Chamomile?" Tawnyspirit suggested.

"Both should work." They said together. Hawkstar was watching the exchange, whiskers twitching. Poppystar's whiskers were also twitching. Amberstream didn't see what was so funny. They were medicine cats, they got taught the same things, and this was their first meeting. Smokeface and Sunblaze glanced at each other, amusement sparking in their gaze. 

"What's so funny?" Dockleaf asked. 

"You guys." Poppystar told him. 

"Look out!" Amberstream yowled.