Can you stay with me?

~Y/N POV~

A short scream escaped my lungs as I jolted upright in my bed, panting breathlessly trying to catch my breath and slowly coming to realise that witnessing Mr Lee die in front of me all over again was only nothing but a nightmare. A stupid nightmare.

Sitting up in the dark room I rubbed my eyes and finally calmed down but my bedroom door was pushed open and in rushed a panicked Taehyung now standing in my doorway, eyes scanning my whole room but seemingly tensed as if ready to commit murder.

"Y/n?! Are you okay?! What happened?!" Taehyung

Whisper yelling towards me still scanning the room until he visably relaxed once seeing the room was empty except me inside. But that didn't stop him from wondering towards my bathroom door and sticking his head through it to have another look.

"Taehyung I'm fine."

He hummed and closed the bathroom door again, turning back around to me.

"Another nightmare then?" Taehyung

I nodded, pulling my knees up to my chest to hug my legs closer to me.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I woke you but how could you of heard me and none of the others did?"

He smiled at me but yet looked down to his feet, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well my room is next to yours but Jimin came out his room too but I told him to go back to his bed." Taehyung

"So his room is on the other side then?"

I pointed towards one of the walls and he nods.

"Yeah." Taehyung

I could slap myself right now, I've been here for a few weeks now and I've only just now took notice where his room is.

"You know you've always been a person for nightmares, even when you were younger." Taehyung

His random comment surprised me, not because he spoke but because of what he told me. I didn't know that.

"Really?"

"Yes, when something was always troubling you it was guaranteed you would have a nightmare." Taehyung

Well that sounds about right so I don't think he's lying about that, why would he?

"I'm not surprised. Was there anything I could do to help with that?"

He nods and begins to walk towards the bedroom door, holding up one finger signalling to wait and so I nodded back to him and watched him walk out my room but left the door open so I assume he plans to come back.

Sitting back against the headboard in my still dark room that has little light coming into it from the hallway did I stretch my legs back out but tucked them under the covers nicely feeling the warmth on my skin since I'm wearing shorts tonight for bed.

It didn't take long until Taehyung came back, holding a cup of something in his hands and came to stand beside my bed, handing me the warm cup with a small smile on his face.

"It's warm milk. I don't know if it would help you now but it use to." Taehyung

"Thank you."

I returned the smile at him and brought the cup to my lips, taking small sips and then placed the cup on my bedside table.

"I guess I should get back to bed now, I hope that helps and you get some sleep." Taehyung

Watching him walk towards the bedroom door I felt the urge to have him stay, I didn't want to be alone and judging by the way he was pouting his lips and dragging his feet along the floor I think he doesn't want to either. But as he reached for the door handle I sucked in a breath and just spilled out what I wanted to say.

"Taehyungcouldyoustaywithme?"

I spoke rather fast but his rounded ears on the top of his head twitched and he turned around to face me again, eyes wide and lips parted.

"W-What was that?" Taehyung

I giggled nervously and tucked some of my hair behind my ear just to look somewhere off to the side of the room.

"Could you perhaps......s-stay with me?"

Patting the free space next to me I still couldn't look to him in case he was staring back at me strangely.

"You want me to sleep next to you?" Taehyung

His voice deepened when he whispered again but I nodded. As a hybrid I know he can see me nod but he didn't say anything and that didn't help my nerves. Instead I heard the door close and that was when I turned over to that direction to see that the door was closed but Taehyungs figure was standing at the bottom of my bed.

"Are you sure you want me to? I can go back to my own room, it's no problem." Taehyung

"No it's okay j-just come sleep next to me please?"

I heard his chuckle and watched him crawl on to the bed and come to sit beside me, putting his feet under the covers just like myself.

"I have to warn you, I have a habit of cuddling in bed." Taehyung

I smiled to that since that thought alone was nice so I don't think it would be so bad if I woke up and he was cuddling me. In fact I would welcome it or I would be the one to cuddle him first.

"I'm not complaining. I might beat you to it."

I joked half truthfully and laid down on my back as he also did the same but laid on his side facing my direction and using his arm to prop himself up.

"I wouldn't complain about that either." Taehyung

I didn't say anything back but the fact the two of us were just staring at each other in the dark I can only make certain shapes and shadows but I know he can most likely see everything right now compared to what I can.

The silence between us wasn't uncomfortable but some how just comforting but I was the first to break our staring contest and rolled onto my side to face away from him ready to go back to sleep.

"Good night Taehyung."

At first he didn't say anything but I felt the bed shift behind me and the next second I was engulfed in his warmth, his chest to my back and his one arm around my stomach and even one leg over mine. Those constant tingles erupted thought out my body from where he was touching me but it was nice. Even when he buried his nose to the back of my neck letting out a soft hum afterwards,

"Goodnight Y/n." Taehyung

With a smile on my face, I closed my eyes and soon enough welcomes my sweet dreams that entered my mind thanks to Taehyung presence.