Anniversary

I lay in bed looking out my window watching the sun rise

I lay in bed looking out my window watching the sun rise. I do this pretty much every morning now since I've been getting the same nightmare keeping me up every night. I always open my curtains just in time to see the sun rising. Even before the nightmares I had a very  bad habit of waking up just before the sun had risen. It was like a little tug in the mornings, like something in my mind, body and soul was telling me to wake up to watch it. When I do watch it I can't help but feel warm and content in my heart. It's peaceful, just for that one hour I don't feel so lonely. I haven't been lonely all my life I know that much, before my father died, I know things were different. I had friends and a few at that. They lived with me but I don't know what happened to them, I only know about them because Mr Lee told me I had other friends. When I would ask about them he would just change the subject and I would just forget about it after how tense and visibly sad he get would get about the subject. Mr Lee has done so much for me these past 11 years. He's like my second father. He took on the responsibility to raise me as his own daughter after my father passed away. My father died when I was 10 years old, he died in the explosion of the main science building for Hybrid Habilitation Organisation (HHO). It was ruled an accident, but in my personal opinion I don't believe it was. My father died a week after the country ruled that all hybrids will live with the same rights as humans. Which I believe they should, there's not much difference between us. Me and my father had the same beliefs about hybrids. They should live with us and not for us. I've met a few hybrids throughout the world travelling with Mr Lee. I think they're amazing and so interesting to interact with. I talk to them about their instincts and the difference in their lifestyles now compared to 12 years ago. They are no longer slaves in their own world. Hybrids only exist because of my grandfather, he created hybrids here in Korea to create the hybrids. He wanted to create a more advance raced people to better the world, but people beloved because they were no longer human, they had no rights. Which is dead wrong. I use to go to meeting with my father sometimes about the hybrids rights. Me and my father were so close we would do everything together when he wasn't working, which was a lot. I would tell him anything and he would just humour me. I don't remember what else I would do without my dad or if I wasn't with Mr Lee who would home school me, which he continued to do until I was 18 years old. I do online courses now for business management and science. I also been doing a little course online about hybrid care, as I would love to carry on my fathers business. Right now Mr Lee handles my fathers business from a distance as we travelled to different countries. Once I finish my courses I can take over but only "when the time is right" as Mr Lee would tell me, which I have no clue what he means by that.

The sun is now completely arisen, shining bright to start the day. I sighed and threw the covers off my body to stand up off my bed and stretched my hands above my head, yawning. I felt like a living zombie with the lack of sleep. I wiped my eyes and pulled my watermelon spotted pyjamas shorts down a little as they were riding up a little too far up my butt.