Shes my partner...

"Dude c'mon, you have to see it a little bit...I mean, at least try to see it..." Kevin nudged jays arm as the pair stood in the doorway of the break room looking at the girls all huddled up in the bullpen. Jay sighed, "she's my partner...I'm not just gonna picture her as a princess Kev..." he raised his eyebrows. Kevin laughed, "suit yourself, but you have to admit, she looks like one" he pointed a finger at jay and walked backwards towards his desk. Jay laughed, "yeah, maybe a little" he shrugged his shoulders.

Kevin's point was fair so jay sat down at his desk and looked at his new partner of a few days and realised he was right. She could pass as a princess never mind a detective at the 21st district. Taylor Watson is her name, well, Taylor Rose Watson to be exact. She has wavy auburn hair, piercing green eyes, pale skin, and a few faded freckles which were disappearing now autumn was coming along, she has a toned body too, it's not too muscly, but its enough to know she cared about her health and hit the gym a few days a week.

After Erin left the unit, the team had an extremely hard time processing how to deal with it, that was until Taylor came along and shedded some light into their lives again. She transferred to the 21st district from another unit, this unit shall not be named, but it was a unit at least. Her past was still unknown to the team, but then again they had only known each other for a few days so it's not like she would just reveal her whole entire life to them just yet. Besides, it's not like she could be drowning in secrets. Right? Right...?

"We've got a hit on the stolen Honda. Halstead, Watson. You two check it out, I've texted you the address" hank stood in the doorway of his office and interrupted their mini break. The newly formed partners nodded then grabbed their jackets and left to go chase up the fresh lead Hank had found. Once the two were secured into jays truck he began driving to the address hank gave him, "how long did you say you've been in chitown for?" Jay started a conversation since it was fairly quiet, plus, he wanted to get to know her. He already trusts her and he has accepted the fact that she's gonna be with him until the wheels come off, so he wanted to at least get to know her.

Taylor smiled, "well I was born here but I moved around a lot when I was a kid, so to give you the simple answer, I'd say around 10 years" she laughed a little. Jay smiled, he didn't want the simple answer, he wanted to get to know her, but she had shut him down twice now about her past which made him curious. There was a mysterious side to her behind the smiles and the laughter, he could see it in her eyes, it was almost enticing and captivating. "Is that it? Over there?" She pointed out to a red Honda parked up by a coffee shop. Jay snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to see the car they were after, "it sure is, come on let's go" he got out of his truck as Taylor followed suit. "Sarge we've got eyes on the vehicle, what are we doing?" Taylor spoke into her phone.

There was a static buzz before hank replied, "seize it, we need evidence" he spoke blankly with no emotion in his tone other then his usual bossiness. The pair nodded and approached the vehicle, "clear" jay looked through the tinted windows and saw that it was empty. Taylor nodded, "50-21 Henry, I need a tow truck to 119th west on englewood" she spoke into her radio. "Copy that" the dispatch called replied back abruptly. Jay nodded in agreement, great, all they had to do now was wait. Roughly 5 minutes later the tow truck appeared and hooked up the car so it could be delivered to the district ready for a thorough strip search. Taylor was about to leave along with jay when she spotted a small child poking out from the corner of a fence, "hold up a sec" she waved jay over to her.

She slowly approached the child, who looked no older then 6, and smiled, "hi sweetie, what's your name? Where's your parents?" She offered her hand out. Hesitantly, the child gripped onto Taylor's hand and walked out into the street, "I don't know..." she spoke quietly. Taylor looked up at jay in worry and confusion, "one second honey, let me just..." she got up and checked for a name in the back of the child's t shirt. "Lucy Torres" she whispered to jay as jay nodded so he could call it in since the child was wandering the streets all alone. "my names Taylor and that's jay. How about you come with us and we'll get you some place safe okay?" She smiled. The kid nodded and gripped onto Taylor's hand tightly so Taylor smiled and picked her up.

Jay opened the car door for her so Taylor could fasten the child in safely, "got it" she smiled and moved out of the way so jay could close the door again. Once they were back in the car, jay put the radio on so Lucy wouldn't be so nervous. "I want my mommy..." the child spoke out although it was almost like a cry. Taylor looked back as jay drove smoothly along the road, "I know sweetie, we're gonna get you back with her real soon. I promise..." she spoke doubtfully, she didn't like to make promises like these since they were hard to keep but she knew Lucy wouldn't calm down if she didn't sound half truthful.

"The mother's downstairs, she said Lucy got out of the backyard when she wasn't looking" jay sighed and pulled Taylor out of the break room. Taylor scoffed, "god, anything could've happened to her...I'll take her down now, thanks" she smiled and walked back inside to get Lucy. "Come on sweetie, your mommy's waiting for you" Taylor smiled and grabbed the child's hand. Lucy's eyes lit up as she slid off the couch, Taylor shot jay a thankful smile before walking down the aisle of the bullpen with a child in her hand. Jay smiled back and watched her walk out until she was out of sight.

"Alright head out guys, good work" hank shouted out from his office, the unit sighed in relief and stood up, stretching their legs in the process. "You coming to mollys?" Jay smiled as he walked out of the station with Taylor, she smiled a little, "I actually have to go pick up my sister, babysitting duties..." she sighed. Jay laughed, "no worries, maybe another time" he smiled. Taylor nodded, "see you tomorrow" she waved and walked over to her car. Jay smiled, "you too" he got into his car.

"Hey you" Taylor signed to her 13 year old sister. Alex, her sister, smiled and jumped off the seat. She signed back and the pair left to go back to Taylor's house. Alex was deaf, she had no hearing at all in both her ears, that was unless she was wearing her processor and even then it wasn't perfect. "Let's go to the store, I need some more coffee" Taylor signed and spoke to her younger sister. Alex groaned and got into the car as Taylor laughed, she may just be the most sassiest kid in the world.

Jay realised he was out of milk about 5 minutes ago, so he was currently stood in the refrigerator aisle searching for milk and any other essentials he may need. He was about to grab the milk and go when he heard a familiar laugh coming from the beverage aisle, taylor? At this time? It's really late...He clutched his shopping basket and made his way to the aisle where the laughter was coming from. As he stood at the end of the aisle he did indeed see Taylor stood joking around with a teenage girl, he clicked on that she was her sister and smiled. He also noticed that his partner and the young girl were signing to each other quite a lot, which confused him, sign language? Huh?

Taylor took the coffee from Alex's hand, "you can't have that, it's bad for you" she laughed and signed to Alex. Her younger sister threw her head back and groaned in defeat, Taylor laughed and put the coffee pods into the basket but as she lifted her head up from the laughter she saw jay stood at the end of the aisle. "Hey" she smiled at him, jay smiled back and started walking towards the pair, "hey" he smiled again. Alex looked up at Taylor for an explanation, "this is my partner jay" she spoke clearly and signed. Alex mouthed 'oh', "I'm Alex" she spoke out and smiled at jay. Alex's voice was really sweet, jay could tell they were siblings since she had the same caring tone, not to forget their similarities in looks. "Nice to meet you" he offered out his hand. Alex smiled, "you too" she shook his hand.

Taylor smiled and looked back down to her sister, "could you go find the chips?" She signed. Alex scoffed, "now?" She signed back with a lot of attitude. Taylor tilted her head, "no, next week...Yes now" she smiled a little and signed back sarcastically. Alex huffed and walked off to go find the chips. Taylor laughed as Alex strutted off, "she's deaf, in case you're wondering" she turned her attention back to her partner. Jay smiled, "she can understand me? I didn't sign or anything..." he seemed a little confused. Taylor laughed, "she can read lips, as long as you're facing her and speaking clearly. She can understand you" she smiled. Jay nodded, "she looks exactly like you" he smiled. Taylor laughed, "god don't tell her that, she'll have a fit" she smiled. Jay laughed too as Alex reappeared holding a bag of lays chips, "thank you..." Taylor signed with a smile. Alex nodded then smiled at jay, "I'll let you two go, see you tomorrow" he smiled at them. The pair nodded and waved him off as they all said their goodbyes.