Im sorry...

"My sisters inside by the way, her dad'll pick her up soon" Taylor smiled as she lead jay up to her house. Just like her dads, her house was nice and modern, "no problem" he smiled as she opened the door. He was a little confused, 'her dad', do they have different dads? Hmmmm...Taylor didn't even bother to shout out for Alex since she's deaf. Instead, she just hung up her jacket and wandered into the living room where she saw Alex sat watching marvel, she flicked the lights on and off to let her know she was home. Alex turned her head round, "hey" she signed then noticed jay stood behind her, she waved at him then turned back to watch TV.

"You know where the kitchen is huh?" Taylor looked over to her partner. Jay smiled, "yeah" he nodded. Taylor smiled back, "well there's beers in the fridge, help yourself to whatever. Imma go get these boxes, could you keep an eye on Alex for me?" She tilted her head. Jay smiled, "of course" he nodded and chuckled a little. Taylor smiled then left the two alone, she ran outside and grabbed the two lightest boxes then ran back inside and put them on the floor. She ran back outside to get the heavier box but it was too heavy to run with so she just dragged her feet back to the house and plodded it down on the floor, just as she was about to close the door she saw Alex's dad pull up outside her house. She smiled and waved then walked into her house.

"Lex your dads here" she signed and spoke in front of Alex's face. Alex looked up and nodded, Taylor noticed she didn't have her processor on she she frowned a little and walked into the kitchen where she saw jay opening two bottles of beer. She picked her sisters processor off the fridge like a magnet and turned around to see her stood there, she handed her it back and began speaking when she had it on, "you took it off. Everything okay?" She signed and talked. Alex huffed, "I was tired of people" she signed and spoke back. Taylor laughed a little and shook her head, "fair enough" she shrugged and lead Alex out to her dad. Jay was stood smiling at the pair, he loved their little bond.

"Here" jay handed her a beer, "thanks" Taylor smiled and accepted it. She had already moved the boxes to the couch since she needed to go through them later tonight, the pair walked over to the couch and sat down, "you sure about this?" Jay smiled as she unpaused the TV. Taylor smiled back, "yeah, I don't think I'll ever be ready so nows a good time" she nodded. Jay smiled and nodded ready for her to explain, "so basically it all started when I was 11. Me, my dad and my mom were all on holiday in Spain, it was our last full day on holiday so we were in a bar. My parents were sat at a table in the corner talking to some random people and I was sat on a stool at the bar watching the TV..." she started then took a deep breath.

Jay smiled and nodded, "it was around 10pm so it was dark and there was a lot of people around so it was a little overwhelming. I got up to walk back over to my mom but I was snatched up, I uh, I got abducted..." she looked down. Jays face dropped, oh my god, did he just hear that right? He reached his hand over and placed it on hers to let her know that he was there for her. She smiled and carried on, "my parents didn't find out until about 5 minutes later, but I guess by the time they realised I was gone it was too late. I don't really remember much from that night..." she looked at jay sadly. Jay frowned, "I'm sorry..." he smiled sadly at her. Taylor smiled, "nothing could've stopped it happening" she shrugged her shoulders.

Jay frowned, "but they found you though right?" He smiled sadly. Taylor drew her lips into a line and shook her head, "nope, actually I was uh, taken to Dubai and spent three years living with some rich snobby family..." she looked at him with worried eyes, jays heart sunk, he didn't know what to say, it just keeps getting worse. Taylor smiled at his concern, "if you're worried about triggering any ptsd you won't, I don't have it..." she placed a hand on his arm. Jay looked at her in confusion, how doesn't she have ptsd? That's pretty traumatic...Taylor smiled and picked up on his confusion, "it wasn't necessarily a normal kidnapping, I was deemed as a missing child but the family I was living with didn't do anything to me. They never laid a finger on me once, it was just a family who couldn't have anymore kids and they wanted a little girl so I guess when the dad saw a kid on her own at a bar, he took the opportunity..." she sighed.

Jay smiled sadly, he was kind of relieved that she wasn't hurt at all but he was still saddened by her story, "you don't have any kind of stress disorder?" He tilted his head. Taylor smiled and took a sip from her beer, "none at all, I can't remember much from the three years I was there" she smiled again. Jay raised his eyebrows, so they brainwashed her? "I didn't wanna tell you or any of the unit because everyone I've told in the past has treated me like the 11 year old kid I was when it happened, I just didn't wanna be seen as the girl who got kidnapped..." she fiddled with the beer bottle. Jay smiled sadly, "we would never do that tayls, you're not your past. We're always gonna be here for you, always, especially me" he placed a hand on her arm.

Taylor looked up and smiled, "thanks jay, it means a lot" she nodded then sighed at the boxes. Jay smiled and pointed to the boxes, "you needing a hand sorting those out?" He raised an eyebrow. Taylor laughed, "you wanna help?" She took a sip from her beer, jay smiled, "what and see what you were like as a kid? Of course I wanna help" he smirked. Taylor laughed and shook her head, "whatever you say chuckles" she smiled, jay smiled back, he found it cute how she used the same nickname trudy used for her but he still couldn't believe how strong she was being and how confident she was now after what happened.

The pair sat on the floor and started rummaging through the boxes, jay seemed to smile at the tiny things but Taylor seemed rather blank and unaffected by the memories, "you alright?" He paused and smiled at her. Taylor looked up, "yeah I'm good, i just can't remember any of this so I don't really know what's important and what isn't" she shrugged. Jays heart shattered again, the kidnapping maybe didn't affect her physically but it definitely had an affect on her memory. He smiled but let her finish since he saw that she took a deep breath, "I can remember big things like birthdays but other then that my childhoods a blur, the people who took me they uh, told me I wasn't real, that what I knew before wasn't real. That was like an everyday occurrence so I guess after three years I forgot everything, I even forgot my real name by the end of it..." she looked down. Jay smiled sadly, "I'm so sorry tayls" he looked at her in worry as she kept her head down.

Taylor eventually looked up to meet his gaze but she had tears in her eyes this time, "it's okay, I'm here..." he cupped her cheek as a tear rolled down it, that may not have been the best thing to do since it felt like he was crossing lines, but in the moment it was all he could do. Taylor smiled and nodded as she gripped onto his hand that was on her face, "thanks..." she spoke softly. The second she held onto his hand both of their worries slipped away and jay knew that he didn't cross any boundaries, he smiled and nodded before Taylor turned her attention to the envelope on the coffee table, "ugh, let's see what my mom wants" she pulled herself onto the couch. Jay smiled and got up to get onto the couch too, she ripped it open and pulled out a load of papers.

"She's unbelievable" Taylor scoffed and shook her head. Jay frowned and looked down at the many articles, "why would I wanna see these?" She shook her head. It was a bunch of articles about Taylor when she went missing, it was like torture to look at them. Jay frowned, "these are going straight into the trash" she shrugged and got up to go bin them. The pair talked all night, jay didn't treat her any differently since there was no need to and Taylor was thankful for that.