We'll fix this

*one month later*

                 Everything was back to normal, jays ptsd had subsided for now and the team were back to working regular cases instead of piles of paperwork all the time.  Jay and Taylor were stronger then ever, as partners of course, but nothing ever runs smoothly at district 21...

"Stand by!" Hank ordered to his detectives as they all stood outside of a stash house waiting to move in, guns raised and vests on. There was a moments silence of nothingness until jay spotted movement in the top bedroom window, he kicked down the door as the unit realised what he saw and followed suit, "cover me" jay spoke bluntly. Taylor covered him as the pair moved upstairs, "Chicago PD get your hands in the air!" Jay shouted at the offender as he tried to run. The man huffed but fell to his knees and surrendered so Taylor could arrest him.

"Son of a b*tch confessed" hank scoffed and walked into his office. Case closed, or so they thought. They all smiled but they were interrupted by the superintendent who walked into their bullpen sternly, "detective Halstead, voights office now" she spoke angrily and wandered into Hanks office unannounced. Jay looked at Taylor in confusion as she shrugged her shoulders, he got up in a huff and followed suit.

"What's this about?" Hank huffed and stood up. Deputy Miller sighed, "Halstead, care to explain why you didn't announce your office?" She looked at jay. Jay furrowed his brows, "I saw movement, if I announced then he would've made us" he shrugged. Hank put his arms out, "I don't see the problem" he huffed. Deputy Miller nodded, "well I do, all of the evidence you've built up is no longer sustainable. We're back to square one, so Halstead I'm gonna need your badge. You're stripped until this is solved" she held out her hand. Hank raised his eyebrows, "is this really necessary?" He scoffed. Jay shook his head but slowly gave deputy Miller his badge and gun. "Yes it is, now I don't wanna see you back here until I say so" she warned jay then left with his badge and gun.

The unit all stood up as she left but they all noticed that she was holding jays badge and gun, hank and jay left his office in a mood, "we'll fix this, now go home until I say you can come back" hank sighed. Jay huffed but angrily grabbed his jacket and ignored everyone as he left, even Taylor.

Taylor shook her head, "Sarge what's going on?" She sighed. Hank folded his arms, "we're back to square one, jays stripped until we can prove that he saw movement. The evidence is sustainable, Miller said he should've announced his office" he shrugged his shoulders in a mood. The team all scoffed in anger, jay wouldn't make something up. "We can only hold Dante for 24 hours, so we start from scratch. Look through every ounce of footage we have and pick it to pieces" hank ordered then wandered downstairs to go make phone calls.

The team had spent 4 hours looking through footage and files looking for any grace of fresh evidence they missed before but nothing was coming up and they were running out of footage. Taylor had left jay multiple texts to make sure he was okay but he hasn't replied to any of them, he was taking this hard on himself. "Hey hold on, I've got something" Kim perked up. Hank walked out of his office immediately, "we didn't get anything from this cam, is there any reason or..." she pointed to a house cam on the side of the wall. Hank scoffed, "the owners wouldn't give up the footage, we don't have a warrant" he shrugged. Taylor huffed, "we don't need a warrant, we go over ourselves and make them hand it over" she shook her head.

They all looked weary of that idea, "c'mon guys, it's jays job we're talking about here. I don't really think it's up for debate" she sighed. Hank thought about it for a second, "alright fine, Watson and Atwater you two go pay them another visit. No police brutality you hear me?" He warned them. The pair nodded and grabbed their jackets, by now it was around 8pm and they were all still working since jay was more important then sleep right now.