You should've been there

"Thanks guys" she smiled and nodded at the cops before getting out of the patrol car. It drove off to go back to patrolling as she stepped up into the reception, "woah, what the hell happened to you dusty?" Trudy smiled weakly at her. Taylor laughed since she knew she was covered in smoke, hence the nickname dusty, "I got caught up in a fire but I'm fine" she smiled. Trudy looked at her in worry but let her go back up to the team.

"Where the hell have you been..." hank started angrily but stopped when he saw how bad she looked, he immediately calmed down and walked closer to her, "what happened? Are you okay?" He placed a hand on her shoulder. Taylor nodded and gulped as the whole unit looked at her in concern, even jay looked a little worried, but it was probably guilt for leaving her alone. "I uh, got caught up in a gas fire. I'm fine" she smiled. Hank tilted his head, "why didn't you call?" He raised his eyebrows. Taylor held her phone up, "it stopped working" she shrugged her shoulders. Hank sighed, "go clean up" he smiled sadly and waved her off into the locker room.

Taylor walked off trying to suppress her coughing but it didn't work so she just let it out, eventually she closed the door behind her so she could clean up. "Halstead my office, now" hank spoke angrily and walked into his office. Jay stood up immediately and followed him making sure the door was closed behind him. "Where the hell were you?" Hank scoffed. Jay folded his arms, "my CI needed me" he shrugged. Hank put his arms out, "so did your partner. You should've been there, your CI could've waited" he raised his voice a little. Jay sighed, "I thought it was important, I didn't think anything would happen to her" he raised his eyebrows in frustration.

Hank shook his head, "well you thought wrong didn't you? So take this as your warning, never leave her without backup again, you hear me?" He looked at him sternly. Jay nodded, "get back to work" hank sighed and waved him off as he sat down. Jay left straight away then went into the break room, he did feel bad, he did feel guilty, what if something happened to her? What is she died? It would've been all his fault. But none of these thoughts could override why he was ignoring her in his mind...Eventually he calmed himself down from anger and guilt so he walked back out into the bullpen to sit back down at his desk, the unit was silent as they got on with paperwork.

Taylor washed off the soot from her face and hands, her ankles too and finished up getting changed into fresh clothes. She took a deep breath and collected herself before walking back out to join the team, they all stared at her as she walked straight over to the board, even hank had emerged from his office. "My CI told me there's a warehouse rumoured to be storing the drugs on 112th, he said he's not sure since ones had enough balls to go in and check it out but the streets are talking. He doesn't know who owns it but he's pretty sure on the info" she pointed to a map they had pinned on the board. Hank walked over to her, "good, look into it guys. Hey, you sure you okay to work?" He looked at the team then at her in worry. Taylor smiled and held back her urge to cough, "I'm fine Sarge, Mackey cleared me so I'm good to work" she nodded and spoke in a hoarse voice, it was fairly quiet too.

Hank nodded, "okay then, get to work" he smiled and let her past. She smiled and nodded before walking over to her desk and sitting down, she realised she left her radio in jays car so she hesitantly leant forward, "hey, have you got my radio by any chance?" She spoke hoarsely and smiled. Jay smiled weakly and opened up his drawer, he didn't say anything and avoided her gaze as he handed her it back. She smiled and accepted it, "thanks" she nodded and put it on her desk. They all got on with finding leads and intell about the case, it wasn't long before they found the action point so they could move in and bust the drugs.

At around 6:30pm the team were all sat in their cars which were hidden nearby the warehouse, Taylor was trying to hold in her coughs as much as she could but every so often she had to turn her head away from jay and cough, "if you're still coughing you probably should've gone home" jay spoke abruptly, she hated that tone, it made her feel guilty for something she hasn't done. She nodded weakly, "I know, sorry..." she held in her coughs again. Jay felt bad for snapping, god she was so hard to be annoyed at, she was too sweet to stay angry at but right now he didn't trust her...

"Move in" hank spoke into his radio. They all hopped out of their cars and ran up to the warehouse, "Chicago PD!" Kevin shouted and kicked the steel door down, he was probably the only one there who could manage it. They all panned out through the warehouse and funnily enough the drugs were there, as a bonus so were Torres and Lopez. "Get your hands in the air!" Kim shouted as she and Taylor approached them cautiously. Adam and jay were stood behind the two men so when they ran they could trap them. The two girls arrested the men and walked them out before the unit cleared up the drugs and sent them off to crime lab. They all drove back to the district to finalise the days work.

"Head out guys" hank spoke tiredly. They all smiled and nodded, "Watson you got a sec?" Hank pulled her back. Taylor smiled and walked over to him, "look if you need tomorrow off you can, just let me know" he smiled. Taylor nodded, "I shouldn't need to, but thanks Sarge, I think sleep should cure it" she laughed a little. Hank nodded and waved her off before vanishing into his office again, Taylor was left behind by the unit once again so she just trudged down the stairs and walked out to her car. She huffed and got into her car, tiredly she drove home and headed straight up to bed but the team had gone to mollys without her again.

"Have you asked her about it yet?" Adam sighed. Jay shook his head and pulled a face, "no and I shouldn't have to ask her. If she wants my trust then she's gonna have to tell me herself, do you guys seriously trust her?" He scoffed and looked at
Round at the unit. Rojas sighed, "I'm sure there's a good explanation jay, you're just looking into it a little too far" she shook her head. Jay sighed, "maybe, but I ain't trusting her until she gives me that good explanation" he took a swig from his beer. The team stayed silent and followed actions before changing the topic and talking about something less sneaky.