The body...

Taylor was walking along navy pier peacefully until she felt a sharp pain in her neck, before she could see what was going on it all went black and she was out cold. What the hell? Who was that? What happened?

Jay fell asleep regretfully, he felt like he should've called Taylor and sorted things out between them but at the same time he knew she would probably want space after he pushed her so hard. The rest of the unit were all at home too, apart from Kim and Adam since they were sleeping together. It got till around 5am and the sun was starting to rise, it was a frosty morning but the sun was bright, jay didn't expect to be woken up by the sound of his phone ringing though. He sat up groggily and checked his surroundings in attempts to find his phone but like every night it was plugged in.
Jay: "Halstead"
Hank: "we've got an active report of a dead body, you're probably gonna be the first one on scene so just take over until I get there. It's at navy pier"
Jay: "copy that Sarge"

Jay scrambled out of bed and threw on some work clothes before slipping his boots on and brushing his teeth, he lived the closest to navy pier so it would only take him 5-10 minutes to get there depending on traffic. He grabbed his badge and gun before running out of the door since it was an active report meaning there were civilians on the scene, he would need to get there before it got too busy or before the media showed up.

When he pulled up in the navy pier car park he was confused, he couldn't see anyone standing around until he got out of his car and heart shouts. "Over here!" A woman called out. He clutched his gun and ran towards the woman who was looking over the railing down to the boulders below, "she's down there..." the woman cried out as jay finally reached her. Jay looked over the railing but his heart dropped to the floor, he immediately grabbed his phone and rung Hank back with shaky hands.
Hank: "jay?"
Jay: "Sarge it's Taylor..."
Hank: "what?"
Jay: "the body...it's taylor"
Hank: "I'm 3 minutes out, stay put!"

"Ma'am could you back up please" jay cried out as he looked back over the railing. He couldn't bare to look at her, she can't be dead, not yet, not after their argument, not after how they left things. He shook his head and paid attention to the tide which was coming in extremely quickly, he couldn't wait any longer. If she was dead, which he hoped to death she wasn't, the last thing he wanted was for her to be pulled out to sea. He spotted the stairs which lead down to the rocks so he bolted towards it, he spotted Kevin's car pull up in the process.

He practically missed about 6 steps since he jumped to the bottom of them to cut down on time, he ran over to the rocks and began climbing them carefully yet rapidly. One he had gotten to the top of the big boulders he trampled his was over to the big flat rock that Taylor was rested on, "no no no, c'mon Taylor..." he picked her up straight away, he was immediately shocked by how light she was, she felt like a bag of feathers. He didn't even have time to check for a pulse, instead he just climbed his way back down the rocks and ran across the sand to dive back up the stairs. "Tayls..." he set her down on the floor, she wasn't answering, her face was pale and her lips were turning a shade of blue. "She's got a pulse" jay sighed in relief as hank finally ran up to them. "Get her to med, Kim you drive, jay stay with her" he pointed to jays truck.

The pair nodded as Kim got jays keys out from his pocket as jay picked Taylor back up, they bolted to the car and got inside with jay holding his partner in the back. "Hey tayls, can you hear me?" He carefully placed a hand on her cheek, it was freezing cold. When he got no reply he shook his head and attempted to stay calm, "c'mon tayls..." he begged her. Kim was driving jays car fairly quickly when they came to a halt, ugh traffic lights...Taylor could feel her whole body aching, she had no clue what was going on, she didn't know who was holding her, she didn't know where she was and she had no clue why she was so freezing. The last thing she remembered was walking along the pier...

As the car started moving again they were only 2 minutes from med, "tayls..." jay moved a piece of hair from her face and spoke quietly. This brought Taylor's senses back to her, it's her partner, he's with her. She could finally feel the urge to open her eyes and slowly but surely, she fluttered them open but the light was too bright. "Hey tayls, look at me. We're going to med, you're gonna be okay" jay saw her come around. Taylor kept her eyes open as the light adjusted, she could see jay, but it was all blurry. She could see his sad smile, something she hadn't saw in a long time, "I..." she tired to speak out but jay stopped her, "shhh, it's okay. Don't talk" he held her tighter. Taylor nodded slightly but didn't answer back since he was right, she was running out of energy.

Kim eventually pulled up outside of med, "let's go" she hopped out of the car and opened the back door so jay could get out. Jay slid out of the car with Taylor in his arms, he still couldn't fathom how light she was when she had so much muscle. The pair ran over to the ED entrance as Will spotted them, "what happened?" Will gasped and took Taylor from jays arms, "we don't know, a civilian found her at navy pier..." jay shook his head frantically. Will placed her down on a gurney in treatment room 2 and nodded, "we're gonna take care of her don't worry" he smiled sadly. April came along and shooed jay and Kim back into the waiting room since it would be too crowded if they stayed and watched. What the hell happened?