I can handle it...

*three weeks later*

   Jay had been living with Taylor for three weeks now and they were all good up until today when a case became really personal for jay and triggered his ptsd again.  Jay decided it was best to give Taylor some space since it could get messy when he was up with nightmares all the time, little did he know how much he needed Taylor by his side during them...

                  Taylor stopped at the store after dropping jay off at home just to get a few groceries that they were low on, she loved living with jay and he loved living with her.  She knew that today's case hit hard on jay and she just wanted to be there for him, she didn't expect the sight she would be greeted with when she got home...

                 "Hey babe, I'm home" she called out from the kitchen.  She was rather confused when there was no reply so she wandered upstairs to go find her boyfriend, she was saddened when she got into their room and saw jay packing his bag, "hey..." she spoke out in concern.  Did she do something? Oh no...Jay turned around and smiled sadly, "everything okay?" She smiled sadly back.  Jay frowned, "I'm gonna go stay with Will for a while until I'm done dealing with whatever I'm dealing with" he sighed and continued packing his bags. 

                Taylor frowned, her heart shattered at the thought that he was hurting that much, "you don't have to jay, I'm here for you..." she started but he cut her off.  Jay shook his head, "I can't risk hurting you again, after last time you know how messy it can get..." he looked at her sadly then zipped up his bag.  Taylor frowned, "whatever it is, I can handle it..." she smiled sadly.  Jay put the bag over his shoulder, "I don't know, I guess that's what I've gotta figure out. It'll only be for a little while..." he smiled sadly and walked closer to her.

He stopped next to her and grabbed her head gently before pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry..." he whispered then walked out of the room with no further explanation. Taylor sat down on the bed once she heard the downstairs door open and close, that was it, jays gone and for god knows how long. She felt guilty for not stopping him but at the same time she knew she wouldn't have been able to change his mind...

She sat there for a while trying to fathom what just happened, how could they act normal at work when they weren't seeing each other outside of it? How would they go back to normal after he gets back? Was that the real reason or did he just make one up? Is she the problem? Has she ruined things? Her mind was racing and too many thoughts were flying in one side and out the other, she couldn't hold back her tears anymore and instead she just let them fall...

*just a short chapter to get the next few chapters going :)*