Chapter Eleven

All that Tucker could think of— was Callum Kaufman.

It had been three days since their encounter at the club, and the man just wouldn't leave his mind, no matter how hard he tried. Tucker tried to bury himself in work, going as far as doing the paperwork that he always hated doing.

He spent so many long hours at work, that for the first time in his career he finished everything and had absolutely nothing left to do. He had taken the rest of the week off for the wedding, and he hoped that maybe spending time around his friends and family would help him take his mind off of a particular dirty blonde.

Once Tucker was done with work, he sighed, leaning back on his chair. He didn't want to go back home, because then he'd have nothing to do and nothing to distract him. He picked up the newspaper, for some reason, reading the news always calmed him down.

But it seemed like the universe was out to get Tucker, because as soon as he flipped over to the second page, there was an article on the one and only Callum Kaufman. It was an interview where he talked about the challenges of being a CEO, and a billionaire at such a young age.

Tucker scoffed, he was to ball up the page and throw it in the dustbin when the door to his office opened. Aurora walked in, she stood in front of his desk, her arms folded in front of her chest and a disappointed frown on her face.

"Spill." Aurora ordered.

"What?" Tucker was confused, "Wait, I swore I wasn't the one that spilled wine on the carpet in your living room. Really, I think it was—"

"Not that, you idiot!" Aurora shook her head, "Spill why you've been moping around the last three days. You were in such a great mood before that, what happened?"

"Nothing happened." Tucker replied, maintaining his poker face.

"Really?" Aurora rolled her eyes, "I know you, Tuck, which means that I also know when you're lying."

"Ugh," Tucker groaned, "I guess I should start from the charity event that Paige dragged me to a couple of months ago..."

Tucker then proceeded to tell Aurora everything. From his first meeting with Callum, to his last. He told her about all the times he ran into him, and the ones where he ran out on him too. Aurora was listening attentively, at one point she got up and poured herself a drink from the bottle of whiskey that Tucker kept in his office.

"Wow," Aurora whistled, "This was spicy."

"I think the word you're looking for is annoying." Tucker deadpanned.

"Did I stutter?" She rolled her eyes, "He's really living in your head rent free now, huh?"

"He's.. what?" Tucker asked.

"Oh! You know when.. nevermind, it's something the kids say," She waved her hand dismissively, "I think what you need is a hot lay."

"You do know that I'm dating someone, right?"

"That didn't stop you from letting Callum give you a handjob." Aurora retorted.

"What? He didn't give me a handjob! It was like.. five seconds?" Tucker furrowed his brows, "He hasn't contacted me in three days which is nice, but I'm going to see him again at the wedding and I'm dreading that thought."

"Ah, especially now that Divij is going to be there as your date too." Aurora pointed out.

"Exactly, he already found him weird when Callum dropped me to my place," Tucker sighed, "If he pulls some shit there in front of Divij then I'm leaving the wedding a single man."