Chapter Thirty Six

"Who's a good boy? Huh? Who's a good boy?" Tucker cooed at baby Wells.

"Tuck, he's a baby, not a dog." Paige shook her head as he laughed at her brother.

"A good boy nonetheless," Tucker grinned, as he craddled the two weeks old baby in his arm, "I think he's got my eyes. Yep. He's definitely got my eyes."

"You're going to spoil them, aren't you?" Paige asked as the three walked out of the babies room to the living room.

"I really thought you would be the tough uncle, didn't take you for a such a softie." Dan commented.

"Nah," Tucker said, keeping the baby gently inside the crib, "The tough uncle would be your brother."

"Oh yeah." Dan shuddered, thinking about his elder brother.

"Do you know when Mr. Kaufman will be coming?" Paige asked.

"You know he's asked you multiple times to call him Callum, right?" Tucker sighed.

"I know," Paige shrugged, "It's still just weird though."

"Fair enough," Tucker replied, "He texted about fifteen minutes ago that he reached home and will be coming down here after freshening up. So he should be here any minute now."

"I still can't believe he stayed the entire night when I was giving birth," Paige paused, "It's gonna take some getting used to that he's not just my boss anymore."

"But you're okay with it, right?" Tucker asked, a little worry in his voice.

"Yes, Tuck," Paige answered, "I've told you this multiple times."

"Good." Tucker smiled.

"Apparently he's also so much more bearable at work now," Paige chuckled, "His assistant is on leave too right now so Harry is subbing for her and he was so worried at first but apparently he's been very nice and calm."

"What are you trying to say?" Tucker questioned.

"Just that maybe you're both good for each other," Paige smiled, "Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't had a single sip of alcohol since you reached here."

"I'm just waiting for dinner to open the bottle of wine." Tucker shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"You never wait for anything to pop open a bottle." Dan said, and Paige gave her brother a look as if saying 'exactly'.

"Hey," Tucker groaned, "Just because you're married doesn't mean you can gang up on me now. We shared a womb, Paige, a womb!"

"And we shared a dorm room," Dan nodded, "That's close too."

Before either of the twins could reply with anything, the doorbell rang. Tucker walked over to the door, opening it and greeting Callum with a quick peck to his lips. Callum walked in with a bottle of wine in his hand.

After the greetings and small talk, the two couples made their way to the dining area where Dan had already set the table. As they talked while eating, the conversation jumped from one topic to another.

"Tuck was such a trouble child, oh my god," Paige exclaimed, "For five weeks straight, he would sneak off early morning to go this ice cream parlour nearby that opened at 6 am. And then he'd come back and go to bed and no one would even know!"

"No one found out for 5 weeks?" Callum asked.

"Nope, the only reason we found out was because it started raining one morning and when he came back he was all wet and muddy. When mum woke up and found out what happened she went ballistic." Paige said.