Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, you're probably not going to listen to these but I just.. I couldn't leave things the way they ended. I might have to leave a few voicemails but I really want to give you the explanation and answers that you deserve. I cannot even begin to tell you how sorry I am for hurting you, please know that. All of this started when..."

Tucker sighed, keeping his phone on the table once he was done sending voicemails to Divij, and coming clean about Callum and everything that went down between the two of them. He was in a cafe, waiting for someone for a work meeting while he did so.

Once he was done with the meeting, he walked back to the office, taking the time to think about how the last few days went by. He thought about calling Divij everyday, but he finally gathered the balls to do it. He wasn't expecting anything back from the other man, but he just hoped that he would atleast listen.

Since he blocked Callum's number, he got a text and then a few calls from an unknown number, which were undoubtedly his. Tucker blocked that number as well, and hoped that Kaufman would take a hint and move on. He turned out to be very wrong when he saw Aurora frowning as he walked near his office.

"Someone came for you." Aurora said.

"Please don't tell me it was—"

"Callum Kaufman, yes," Aurora nodded, "I told him you weren't in the office but he didn't seem to believe me."

"What happened then?" Tucker frowned slightly.

"He barged into your office like he owned the place despite me trying to stop him," Aurora pursed her lips, "I threatened to call security, and that didn't even faze him. If that man is anything, it's entitled."

"Tell me about it," Tucker scoffed, "Did he leave after that?"

"Made me write a message for you, but yeah, yeah he left," Aurora paused, "He's.. intense."

"What was the mess— actually you know what? Throw it, burn it or bury it. I don't care what he said. I don't want to know." Tucker said.

"Are you sure?" Aurora raised a brow.

"One hundred percent," Tucker nodded, "I told you, I'm going to stay away from him."

"You might want to stay away from him, but something tells me he's not going to let you." Aurora replied.

"Then I'll get a fucking restraining order if I have to," Tucker shrugged, "I'm not going to be pushed around by him. If he continues to act.. stalkerish, I'll make sure he is forced to stay away from me."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

~~~

That night, Tucker didn't feel like going home. If Callum showed up at his office, then there was a good chance he might come over to his place as well. Paige and Dan were still on their honeymoon, and even though he had a key to their place and knew they wouldn't care about him crashing there, well, Callum lived in the same building so it was a huge no.

Nolan lived with his girlfriend, so he didn't want to barge in on them either. The only person he could think of that would welcome him with open arms and an open beer can, was Landon. So he called up his friend, and just as expected, the man was excited to have him over.

Landon lived in a much better part of town. He lucked out and found a very chill roommate too, that Tucker had met only a couple of times. Tucker was glad he didn't take his car to work that day, traffic would've been a huge pain. Instead, he took the subway to Landon's place.