Chapter Fourteen

Tucker got out of the elevator, his shirt all messed up and buttoned wrong. He walked towards his apartment, he couldn't even remember how he managed to drive back home, his memory was starting to feel hazy. As soon as he reached his apartment, he cursed internally.

Divij was sitting on the floor, next to his door with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He looked up at Tucker when the lawyer walked towards him, and Tucker couldn't tell whether he looked angry or sad or both. Probably both.

"Divij, I'm so—"

"Were you with him?" Divij asked, straight to the point, as he looked at Tucker's messed up appearance.

"I made lunch and—"

"Were you with him or not?" Divij snapped, looking even more pissed now.

"Yes," Tucker breathed out, "But I can explain."

"Of course," Divij chuckled bitterly, getting up from the floor, "You can always explain, you always have a reason, but it's funny how I've never heard any of these explanations you seem to have."

"Just come in, we'll eat and talk and I'll tell you everything." Tucker nearly begged. Divij looked him up and down, his frown getting deeper.

"Did you.. did you do anything with him? Did you fuck him?" Divij questioned and Tucker's eyes nearly popped out.

"We didn't.. we didn't fuck." Tucker answered.

"But you did do something, right? You didn't fuck, but you were still with him," Divij said and Tucker kept quiet, making Divij fold his arms in front of his chest, "Correct me if I'm wrong, Tucker. Explain away."

"You're not wrong." Tucker said truthfully.

"Fuck you, Tucker," Divij snapped, "After telling me I could trust you.. After I told you I had already been cheated on! Just.. fuck yourself."

"It was a mistake—"

"It always is," Divij rolled his eyes, "I'm not here to take this shit. Don't contact me ever again. We're done."

Divij walked past him, not before shoving the flowers in Tucker's chest. Tucker was speechless. Sure, he'd been through a bunch of break ups, some non pleasant ones too but for some reason this one hurt the most. Despite the fact that he hadn't been dating Divij for too long.

He had always believed that no matter what he did, he'd never cheat on anyone, and now that he did, he was ashamed of himself.

Tucker's principles and morals were always his biggest strength. And now that he had broken them, not only by cheating on Divij but also by being with Callum, he couldn't help the self deprecating thoughts that plagued his mind.

Tucker dropped the flowers on the ground, unlocking his apartment before walking in. He felt like a zombie as he went directly to the couch in his living room. He picked up the wine bottle on his way there, and popped the cork, drinking straight from the bottle.

He didn't know how long he sat on the couch for, staring at the wall in front of him as he tried to silence his thoughts. All he knew was that there was an empty bottle next to him, and he was already on the second one. He thought about what had happened when he went over to Callum's place, and took another long sip.

"What are you doing?" Callum moaned as Tucker kissed down his neck, biting and leaving marks.

"I fucking hate you." Tucker whispered against his skin, Callum grip on Tucker's hair tightened. Tucker grounded his hips against Callum even harder, making the man's eyes roll back in lust and pleasure.