Chapter Thirty One

Despite having a great weekend, and some much needed relaxation time, as soon as Tucker entered the office on Monday, the dreadful feeling came back. Once again, all he could think of was how he wouldn't be able to be the one to prosecute Garner.

Tucker furrowed his brows when he noticed that Aurora wasn't outside his office at her desk. She was always in the office before him, so this was new. But his doubts were cleared as soon as he walked in and saw her sitting in his office.

"Good morning." Tucker greeted, keeping his bag on his table before taking off his suit jacket.

"So," Aurora began, stretching the 'O', "How was your little vacation Mr. Forbes 30 under 30? Or should I call him America's number one bachelor?"

"What— Did Paige tell you?" Tucker asked. Aurora shook her head, to which Tucker raised a brow in question.

"Are you forgetting something called fan pages? Kaufman seems to have quite a few." Aurora stated.

"Oh, I know," Tucker sighed, "They're the reason I haven't logged into social media ever since the pictures from the wedding went viral."

"You should see how many people are fangirling over you both," Aurora laughed, "On a more serious note, I have about three million questions right now. I want to know everything."

"There's not much to tell," Tucker shrugged, "I went over to his place once Joe told me I was off the case. He asked me to go to San Francisco with him. I said yes. We both had fun. Now we're back and life resumes."

"Really? That's it? That's all you're going to give me?" Aurora pouted, "I'd find more details on those fan pages that what you've told me!"

"Jesus," Tucker rolled his eyes, "I'll tell you everything you want to know at lunch. Now, can you call Bill Kent's office for me, please? And book an appointment for tomorrow afternoon."

"Fine," Aurora groaned, "But I'm getting all my answers during lunch."

Tucker chuckled as Aurora made her way out of his office. Aurora always reminded Tucker of sunshine. She could light up anybody's day by simply being herself. Tucker remembered the first time he had met Aurora, it actually wasn't at work.

Tucker had known Aurora's partner, Jaime, ever since college. Jaime had dropped out after the first year to go to culinary school instead, but the two kept in touch and met occasionally. Jaime had introduced Tucker to Aurora a few years back during Pride, and the next week when Tucker went to work, there she was.

It was unexpected, but a very pleasant surprise nonetheless. The two became great friends over the years, and they never let their personal relationship interfere in their work.

Tucker had lunch with Aurora and Dan, telling them about his trip, even though he didn't go too much into detail. There were a few teasing comments, but both of his friends knew not to push it since they could see that being with Callum wasn't exactly the easiest decision that Tucker had made.

~~~

The next couple of days passed by in a blur, Tucker didn't have the time to talk to Callum a lot. When he wasn't working on the cases that were assigned to him, he was helping out Joe with the Garner case. Callum wasn't the most available person either, both the men had hectic work hours.

"Can you pick up Paige from work?" Dan asked, entering Tucker's office, "Her car's in the shop and I was supposed to pick her up but I need to head over to the police station for some new evidence that just came in."

"And why can't she just call a cab?" Tucker asked.

"Because," Dan paused, "She's your twin and you haven't seen her in a while and you should spend some quality time with her."