Chapter Forty Six

Radio silence.

Radio silence was all Tucker got from Callum since the night he walked out the door without any clue of where he was going. Tucker reached out to everyone, Callum's assistant, CeCe, he even asked CeCe for Logan's number since he knew the step brother was in America for Christopher Kaufman's funeral.

No one had any idea about where Callum could've gone. Tucker even went as far as calling one of his friends at the police station to ask if there was anything he could do. But since Callum left on his own accord, and he hadn't even been gone for 24 hours, there was nothing the officer could do, but he did promise to keep an eye out.

Tucker spent the rest of the day looking into the known associates of Christopher Kaufman. He tried to shortlist who could've wanted the man dead the most, but the truth was that it didn't matter. There were so many suspects that it would be impossible to try and shortlist simply based on speculation. Plus, Tucker barely had any information to go with. The files weren't public, and there was no way he could get the FBI to let him in on this.

Tucker still kept going. He wanted to do something, anything to help Callum. Maybe if he was able to find a tiny bit of clue then that could help the investigation. Tucker sighed as he thought about his boyfriend and how dejected he has been looking ever since his father got arrested. Tucker didn't blame him, even though he was a piece of shit, Christopher Kaufman was still Callum's father. 

It's must've been around two in the night when there was a knock on Tucker's front door. He knew, he just knew that it had to be Callum as he rushed to let him in. When he opened the door, he was caught off guard with Callum standing there with two other men. Tucker looked at them from head to toe, they were dressed neatly in black suits, and had matching stoic expressions.

Tucker knew who they were, and that comfised him even more. What was Callum doing at his door with two FBI agents?

"It'll only take a few minutes." Callum muttered to the agents that nodded. Callum stepped inside, and closed the door leaving the agents outside.

"What is.. What is going on? Why are their FBI agents outside my apartment?" Tucker asked.

"I went to the FBI," Callum answered, and Tucker couldn't help but give a look that said 'no shit', "I turned myself in."

"What?" It felt like Tucker's world came crashing down, "Turned yourself in? What's that supposed to mean?"

"They needed a witness and now they've got it." Callum said and Tucker just couldn't contemplate what Callum was implying.

"What is it? What are you not telling me?" Tucker asked, there was something wrong with the way Callum wasn't meeting his eyes.

"I.. I don't.." Callum stuttered, another first.

"Callum what the hell is go-"

"I knew!" Callum exclaimed, raising his voice, "I knew what my father was doing. All of his money laundering and frauds and.. being involved with illegal weapons sales. I knew it all."

"But you.. you said that.. you said that you didn't have a clue.." Tucker was more confused now than ever.

"I lied," Callum admitted, still not looking Tucker in the eyes, "The only thing I didn't know was that the FBI was going to arrest him. I was so.. so suprised when that happened. I just thought.."

"That he'll get away with it?" Tucker spat, making Callum shrug.

"He always did."

"Were you involved in all of this? Joe said-"