Chapter Thirty Three

In hindsight, Tucker realised that it was very rude of him to leave unannounced. No matter how awkward the environment was, or that he finally realised who Callum got his asshole genes from. At the very least, he probably shouldn't have slammed the door on his way out.

The truth is, it was either that Tucker walked out without saying a word, or confront Christopher Kaufman and tell him that no matter how close he and Callum get, his job and his principles would always come first. Tucker's integrity was everything to him, and he would never compromise that for anything or anymore.

At that moment, very unlike of him, but Tucker wasn't in the mood for confrontation. All he wanted was to go back home and get some good night's sleep. So, that's what he decided he would do as he walked to the elevator. As the doors to the elevator opened, and Tucker was about to take the first step inside, a voice stopped him.

"Tucker!" Callum called out, as he jogged towards the attorney, "What happened?"

"No offence, but that was awkward as shit and I wasn't ready for that." Tucker said, a frown on his face. Callum looked at Tucker with a blank expression for a few minutes, and then burst out laughing.

"Yeah," Callum gently shook his head, "Welcome to the Kaufman family. In front of the world we're as perfect as one can be, but behind closed doors the last time I spoke to my dad about something not related to business and work was probably when I was freshman in high school."

"Does that mean you're not mad at me for walking out?" Tucker asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Callum chuckled again, "If I could, then I would walk out too."

"Well," Tucker smirked, "Why can't you?"

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Callum rose a brow.

"Definitely." Tucker confirmed, as he extended his hand towards Callum. Callum looked at Tucker's palm before looking at his face, and then back to his palm.

"Why the fuck not?" Callum grinned, taking Tucker's hand in his own as the two men got inside the elevator.

~~~

"What the fuck is this place?" Callum asked as he took in his surroundings.

"It's my home away from home." Tucker smiled.

"Why is it not surprising that a bar is your second home?" Callum sighed as the two reached the bar counter.

"It's not just a bar, it's Jimmy's Bar!" Tucker replied.

"And what exactly makes it so special?" Callum asked.

"That'd be me." A voice interrupted as the two men sat on the stools at the bar. Tucker grinned at the man behind the counter, someone he'd know for around five years now.

"This is Jimmy," Tucker clarified, making Callum nod, "And Jim, this is Callum."

"Nice to meet you." Callum said politely, making Jimmy grin.

"Likewise," Jimmy said, "So, what's your poison?"

Callum and Tucker drank while talking to Jimmy, but eventually Jimmy had to tend to other customers as the night grew darker and more people started coming in. There was also a football game that night, so the bar was very crowded and even more lively.

Tucker and Callum were looking at the huge television screen as they sipped their beers. None of them were particularly huge fans of the sport, but the atmosphere was enough for them to be super into the game.