ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟: The End

(TW: Guns, violence, su*cide)

"You left me to do this on my own..?" Alex asked, earning a nod from Seth. 
"I couldn't wait any longer, sorry."
"It's fine. I can do it myself." Alex shrugged, and Tim looked at him. 

"Dying won't stop the Operator."
"Yes, it will. Jay, take everyone out of here, I have something I need to do." Alex said to Jay, who hesitantly nodded and made everyone, even Seth and Apricot walk out of the forest. 

Alex was alone now. 
Oh god.

He fiddled with the gun, and for the first time in a long time, he was nervous. He put the gun in his mouth, then made sure it was facing up. 

Pop.

Darkness.

Then...light? Warmth?

Alex opened his eyes. He was in bed, Jay was sitting on the end of his bed, smiling excitedly. 

"You're finally awake!" He exclaimed, hugging Alex. Jay took his hand and ran out the door. It was...space? Jay smiled happily, and the image of him dancing played. But he didn't physically dance. He didn't move at all, but Alex saw him dancing. 

And so, as the ghost of Jay Merrick danced with the stars, he looked down to his lover and held out a hand.

"Come with me, Alex. Let's dance with the stars."

See, the world doesn't need a happy ending, or whether that lover obliged and grabbed the hand. What we need is our imagination. It dances in bright colors of fuchsia and marigold around the moonlit sky. It floods into our minds like a tsunami, filling our brains with delight. This is what we need. Imagination is the ending to this story of love.