ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥: Gunshot

"So, should I kill you then?"
"If you want to spend the rest of your life with my blood on your conscience, sure. "

Amy hesitantly picked up the gun, aiming straight for the middle of Alex's forehead. 

A gunshot was heard. Clear as day. Silence. Then sirens. Sirens from an ambulance. Who had called an ambulance already? It was just the murderer, the target, and the ghosts. Well, now the murderer was a ghost. 

"Amy! Holy shit, Amy!" Jessica cried as she ran out of Alex's bathroom. But Amy was dead now. She had shot at Alex, but missed, and some random person shot from the window. Alex was frozen. 

"Alex, help her! Help her please!" Jessica cried as Amy lay there, not moving. She had a look of  determination yet fear forever frozen on her pale face. Alex looked to his window. A phantom of a bullet, now buried into  the left side of Amy's brain. A break in the glass. An assassination. Alex slowly pulled out his phone and dialed the numbers '9-1-1'. And almost immediately, a woman picked up. 

"Nine-one-one, what's your emergency?"

"My ex-girlfriend was just shot."
"Okay sir,  what address are you and your ex-girlfriend at?"
"[Redacted address]"

"Sir, can you tell me your name?"
"My name is Alexander Kralie. Her name is Amy Walters."
"Is there anyone else in the home?"
"No."
"Do you know CPR?"
"Yes, but it's no use, she was shot in the left temple. From my window, it seems."
"The police are on their way. Thank you for staying calm, sir. Miss Amy will be alright."

The operator hung up and Alex sat on the couch, waiting for the police. All the while Jessica was crying, and all the while Amy, now a ghost, was holding her. The police arrived around twenty minutes later and took Alex to the nearest department, where he was interrogated. 

"Officers, if I ever wanted to kill Amy, I would've done it eleven years ago when she and I split. The bullet hole in the window, that clearly came from the outside proves to you that she did not die because of me. I understand that I was the only one in that apartment. But I am clearly innocent." He stated calmly, leaning back in the chair. But the officers were still skeptical.

They knew, er, thought rather, that Alex was behind this. And his trial would be dated on the following three months.