𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 :

'Hello, Irin!' he says excitedly, as he comes closer to the bar. With a swift movement, I get off the stool and turn my body towards his, allowing him to have a full view of all of me. His eyes immediately scan their way down my body, as he seems taken back by my appearance.

It's safe to say he's enjoying the view.

'It's nice to see you again.' I say lightly, as I reach my hand out to him, initiating a formal greeting. He kindly smiles at me and takes my hand but instead of shaking it, he brings it closer to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles. My smile grows wider at his kind gesture, something that definitely doesn't go unnoticed by Henry.

'May I?' he asks while pointing to the empty seat next to me.

'Please, by all means.' I say, while allowing him to sit next to me. He quickly places himself on the stool, allowing his elbows to rest on the bar. He's wearing a black shirt that gives great definition to his upper body, making it very hard for me to not stare at his muscles. The top few buttons have been opened, exposing his chest. I try not to linger my eyes on him for too long not wanting him to feel uncomfortable.

'Neat?' he asks while pointing to the glass of Whiskey that's sitting right in front of me. I smile at him before slightly biting my lip and nodding my head.

'Neat.' I assure him, not needing to say anything else.

'What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there enjoying the Jersey nightlife?' he questions while turning his body towards me. His eyes are looking for the bartender but they manage to steal a few glances of me. I laugh bitterly at his comment, knowing that's exactly what I was meant to be doing tonight.

With Chris.

'Fella done me wrong.' I say sarcastically while taking a sip of my drink, allowing the liquor to burn my insides. His head quickly turns to me. His eyebrows are furrowed as his expression is muddled, almost unclear.

'You must have a horrible taste in men, then.' he states, making me look at him in confusion.

'How so?' I question his somewhat insulting comment, before grabbing the short glass of Whiskey and slightly swirling the ice around. His eyes are still fixed on me.

'I don't see how it's possible for any man to pass up the opportunity of spending time with someone like you.' he says in all honesty, before letting a small laugh escape his lips. I lightly chuckle at his very subtle compliment before allowing my eyes to trail off to him.

'Someone like me?' I question him cheekily. Truthfully, I fully understand his viewpoint and what he means by saying "someone like you" but I want him to say it properly. I'm in need of hearing all the compliments he can give me tonight, seen as my self esteem is on the floor because of Chris.

'You're an intelligent woman. From what I've witnessed so far, you have an interesting persona. Plus, you look mesmerising tonight. That smile of yours is truly captivating.' he states, his eyes never breaking eye contact with mine. I allow a genuine laugh to escape my lips while trying to hide the slight redness on my cheeks.

'Well, you surely know how to charm a lady.' I say whilst looking up at him. His lips curve into a smile, displaying his perfectly straight teeth. Before he can reply, the bartender approaches for the second time tonight.

'Hello sir, what can I get you?' the man behind the bar speaks politely, referring to Henry. He quickly looks at me and then back at the bartender.

'Two of whatever the lady had previously.' he states, making my eyes grow wider as the words fall out of his mouth.

'Henry, you don't have to.' I argue, automatically putting my hand on his shoulder in order to stop him from ordering me another drink. He smirks at the small gesture before I quickly take my hand away from him, slightly trailing down his arm, allowing me to get a feel of his muscles.