𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 :

I flutter my eyes lazily as I pull myself out of my sleepy state, allowing the rays of sunlight to collide with my profile forcing my pupils to adjust to the sudden brightness. Almost immediately, I look outside, past the double balcony doors, only to be greeted with a cloudless blue sky. My lips instantly curl into a smile, satisfied with the fact that the weather matches perfectly with my mood today. The city is still asleep, given that the only sound that is heard, is the one of the birds chirping and not the inhuman and odious one of traffic.

As soon as I have stopped observing the beauty of mother nature, I concentrate on the tight grip around my waist, instantly allowing the memories from last night to flood back into my head. I carefully turn to my side, only to be faced with that angelic face of his, peacefully sleeping. I try to hold back the smile that's trying to creep its way onto my lips, but I fail to do so when Chris' grip grows tighter on me, bringing me as close as humanly possible to him. My back is resting against his chest as both of his arms are kindly wrapped around me. His hot breath is brushing against the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine. Wanting to relish this feeling for as long as possible, I get comfortable in his arms once more, enjoying the comfort of his body against mine while flashbacks of the night before start replaying in my head, making my heart beat faster and faster while the butterflies in my stomach choose to make a return.

After last night something has changed, something is different. I feel like what's going on between Chris and I is more than just opportunity hookups and one night stands. He basically made me promise that I'm his and only his, which I can only perceive in one way - he wants me just as much as I want him, if that's even possible. Last night was probably one of the best nights of my life. There isn't one person or one partner of mine that has made me feel this way. No one has managed to make me lose my head over them as badly as Chris has. He has completely and utterly swept me off my feet. We were so intimate last night, passionately burning in each other's presence. The both of us were fully consuming one another erotically and romantically.

But, realistically, how far can this go? How much can this 'situation-ship' develop? Can we even progress? Surely, the pros outweigh the cons for now, but it's so hard to keep a positive mindset when there are several obstacles we're both going to come across soon. I squeeze my eyes shut, attempting to shake the thoughts off my head. I am not going to allow my overthinking to ruin a perfectly good day for me. Especially not when the man I'm currently falling for is asleep next to me, with his arms wrapped around me. If anything, I'm going to make the most of being with him - the most of being around him. For as long as this lasts, I'll be living in the moment and cherishing that glorious feeling he provides me with just by looking at me, even if it all ends in heartache.

It's all going to be worth it.

I quickly reach for my phone that is placed on the floor of the hotel room, right next to the double bed. I'm instantly relieved when I look at the time and realise that it's only six o'clock, which means we have three hours until the last session of the conference begins. Just at the thought of that damn conference, my heart drops, knowing that Henry and Chris will both be in the same room. I mentally slap myself when I remember that I told Chris how Henry bought me a drink, meaning he'll probably keep a tighter watch on me, but also Henry. I mean, it's not like Chris has anything to worry about - especially after last night - but poor Henry has no idea what is going on, which only means that his oblivion could get us both in trouble, yet again.

Because of the events that took place last night, my mind has been too preoccupied with my own drama, that I completely forgot about Ally. Before utterly entering panic mode, I decide to be mature about the situation and spam her with texts, just to make sure she's alive.

Me
Hey, where the fuck are you?
Me
Did you come back last night?
Me
Please tell me you haven't been murdered
Me
Ally, wake your ass up
Me
If you've been murdered I'll feel like a terrible best friend so please don't make me go through that and answer your damn phone.