𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 :

Chris Evans

My eyes are slowly beginning to shut as my back rests softly on her chest, my head tilting to the right and pressing against her shoulder. The warm feeling of the sun and the slight afternoon breeze  can only be described as blissful when brushing past my skin. The only thing that is echoed all around me is the peaceful sound of the waves colliding with the shore, along with the slight chatter and laughter coming from our friends. As soon as my eyes are fully shut, my senses somewhat heighten immediately. The briny scent of salt, ocean air and vegetation fills my nostrils, allowing me to inhale even deeper, not being able to get enough of the nostalgic scent.

My head slowly rises up and down, following the movements of her chest. Her breathing is steady, almost soothing, soundless. I don't think the smell of the beach would be as pleasant if it wasn't for her vanilla scented aroma invading my nostrils. My hands are gently pressed against her delicate thighs placed on each side of my body, while hers are tenderly resting on my chest.

This is quite domestic for us. We aren't usually this affectionate in front of friends, or anyone really, for that matter. The prime reason for that being our statuses in relation with each other. She's my student, and I'm her University Professor. If anyone witnessed us, in this particular situation, they'd most definitely think this is extremely wrong and unprofessional, especially on my behalf.

Truly, they'd be right. Who in their right mind would be idiotic enough to proceed things with one of their University students? Of course it had to be me. Me and my ongoing tendency to fuck things up for myself and everyone else around me. If anyone ever found out about this little fling we have going on, we would both be in serious trouble. My reputation would soon crumble and the embarrassment would be too much for her to handle. Realistically, this fiasco between us could put her off her studies for the rest of her life. The one thing that she loves doing. The one thing she is passionate about. The one thing that she aspires to be could be ruined for her, because of me. Who am I to ruin those opportunities for her?

Why did I have to get her number? Why did I have to ask her out? Why did I have to make sure she knows that she's mine?

Why did it have to be her?

It could have been anyone else. It could have been the cute girl from the coffee shop that I go to every morning. It could have been the beautiful woman from the club last month. It could have been the stranger who walked past me at the street this morning.

But it wasn't.

It had to be her.

The warm feeling of Irin's lips against the crook of my neck manages to make all of the doubtful thoughts in my head, leave within seconds. Any uncertainty that was clouding my mind previously, is now gone. I open my eyes back up, only to shut them immediately because of the uncomfortable feeling of the sun invading my retinas. Whilst squinting, I slowly open my eyes once again, only to be greeted with her full brown eyes, her smiling down at me.

She looks pretty.

'Hey sleepy head.' she speaks softly while looking down at me, her eyes examining my face as if it's the first time she has met me, the action alone making me smile.

'I wasn't sleeping.' I defend myself with a hint of sarcasm in my voice, making her roll her eyes before tugging her bottom lip between her teeth, attempting to hide her sarcasm.