Part 12

It takes a little longer than a month for the triad to arrive at the Cloud Recesses. They made sure to move slowly since the Omega is not used to walking long distances. It's also a good excuse for them to use this chance to be alone with the Omega and let him experience new things every day. The Omega truly enjoyed the experience.

The Alphas made sure to take great care of their mate. They made sure he ate plenty and the result is that the Omega has gained a bit of weight. Unfortunately the Omega is still underweight, but they are going in the right direction. This past month they got to know each other better and became much closer.

Now they are standing in front of the stairs that will lead to the Cloud Recesses. It's a bit intimidating to (y/n) since he can't even see the end of the stairs. ''Ah (y/n) since there are many steps, I'll carry you up.'' Wei Wuxian turns to me and scoops me up in his arms, holding me bridal style. My face turns red at the action but I don't protest it. I know I won't be able to manage getting up so many stairs. I circle my arms around Wei Wuxian's neck and bury my face in his chest.

''Haha no worries my sweet Omega. I'll let you down when we reach the top.'' Wei Wuxian chuckles as he starts to walk. Lan Zhan is walking next to us as we slowly ascend towards the Cloud Recesses. Before coming here Lan Zhan had send out another message to Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren, letting them know they would arrive shortly. So it's no surprise when both men are waiting for them at the gate leading into the Cloud Recesses.

During the trip up I enjoyed the beauty of the nature around me. It made me feel calm and relaxed in my Alpha's arms. Seeing two strange men standing at the gate in front of me, pulls me out of my relaxed state. I still don't really like being around strangers after all. I tighten my arms around Wei Wuxian's neck and once again bury my face in his chest. Lan Zhan walks to the two men leaving Wei Wuxian to calm me down.

''It's okay (y/n). These men are now a part of your family. They would never hurt you. You can trust them.'' Wei Wuxian puts me down and I look up at him. ''P-please don't leave my side.'' He can obviously see the panic in my eyes and he gives me a small smile. ''I would never.'' He pecks my forehead and starts walking, towards the men, with me plastered at his side. I hug his arm tightly and keep my head down.

When Lan Zhan's scent enters my nose, I know we have arrived in front of the two strangers. Lan Zhan stands on my other side and puts his hand on my back, trying to calm me down. ''Uncle, brother this is my Omega mate Mo (y/n).'' Even though I'm scared, I still have manners. So I hesitantly raise my head to look at the two ''H-hello.'' The one who I guess is Lan Zhan's brother, smiles at me and bows. ''It's very nice to finally meet you. My courtesy name is Lan Xichen, birth name Lan Huan. We have been anticipating your arrival for a while now. I hope my brother and Wei Wuxian have been good companions to you.''

He has a gentle demeanor and it calms me down. For some reason I can't help but like him. So when he looks at me, I give him a small smile. The older man at his side introduces himself as well. He gives me a stern impression and I can't say I'm entirely relaxed around him.

Lan Xichen speaks up again when Lan Qiren is done with his introduction. ''Let's get inside shall we. The physician is ready to see you.'' ''Physician?'' I ask in surprise. Wei Wuxian is the one that answers me and I look up at him. ''Yes. We need to make sure you're healthy. Don't worry. Lan Zhan and I will be with you the entire time. Unless you don't want us too.'' ''No please! Stay with me!'' Wei Wuxian chuckles and ruffles my hair. ''Then we will stay with you.'' ''Let's go.'' When Lan Zhan utters those words we all start walking.