Part 2

~~''Welcome to our Mating run. I'll keep this short and simple. You are all here to get mated-'' When I hear this I'm shocked. Mating is something you do with one you love. With your fated mate. 'Does this mean I'll never get a fated mate because of this?' Despair fills me. The hope of a fated mate is what kept me going all this years. ''And you don't have a choice but accept this fact. You'll all get a 30 minute head start on the Alphas that will chase you. After 30 minutes the Alphas will start to run and look for you and the contents of the bottle will kick in. What you all just drank is a heat inducer. This will allow the Alphas to mate you.'' ~~

My body trembles in fear. A forced mating with a stranger is something despicable and also something I truly fear. 'I can't believe my aunt actually hates me to this extent.' The man walks away and gives us the signal to run. I run like my life depends on it. In a way it actually does. No matter how tired I am, I keep running. Tears run down my face when I think about the fate lying in store for me.

~~A few hours earlier~~

''Lan Zhan! I'm tired. Let's rest over there.'' Wei Wuxian points at a building, where they conveniently sell liquor. Lan Wangji turns around to look at him. ''Hn.'' Wei Wuxian smiles at him brightly and drags him over to the building. They quickly settle down and order some liquor and tea with some snacks.

Wei Wuxian lets out a sigh as he starts to speak again. ''I hope we'll find them soon. We have been looking for a few months already.'' He pouts at his companion. ''We will.'' With just those two words of his companion, Wei Wuxian brightens up again. ''I believe you Lan Zhan.''

These two are both Alphas and also fated mates. Currently they are looking for their third fated mate. Since both of them are Alphas they know that they have an Omega waiting for them somewhere. Alphas always have an Omega as their fated mate. That's why they know they have one waiting for them. Since they have two Alphas and an Omega, they will form a triad. Triads are very rare these days. That's why everyone was very shocked when, at their first meeting, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji turned out to be fated mates. This is also the reason why they have permission, to leave their sects for a while, to search for their Omega.

After conversing for a bit, both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji suddenly stay silent. The words of a conversation at another table reached them. They both listen intently and look at each other shocked. What they heard about was a Mating run. They both look at each other. ''I have a bad feeling about this Lan Zhan. Please tell me you don't feel it as well.'' But unfortunately for him, his companion also has a bad feeling.

''Please tell me our Omega isn't there.'' Even though Wei Wuxian looks at Lan Wangji hopefully, he knows the other won't be able to tell him so. They both have a bad feeling and they both know that their gut feeling is always right. They quickly get up and pay the tab. They wait outside of the building for the other group to leave. When they do, they both start to follow them. They decided to follow them to the Mating run. Before they did, they send out a message to nearby sects about the illegal Mating run.

After a while of walking they finally reach the run. They look around but see no signs of the Omegas. The only way is to participate in the run. They quickly line up. They are wearing disguises so no one finds out they are cultivators. When it's their turn they stand in front of a table with some boxes. ''Hello gentlemen. Welcome to our Mating run. In these boxes we have scent samples of all our Omegas. We have some fine specimens this time haha.''

Both Alphas have to do their best to hide their disgust. ''We only have one spot left though. So I'm afraid one of you won't be able to participate.'' Wei Wuxian looks at the man and gives him a fake smile. Of course the man doesn't notice it's fake. ''That won't be a problem. We came here with the intention to share our Omega.'' The fact that he has to say such a thing about Omegas, and possible their precious Omega, makes him feel sick. Lan Wangji notices this and puts a hand on the back of Wei Wuxian to give him some comfort.

''Oh my haha. You have some wild tastes my good sirs. Haha very well I'll sign you up. You can scent the cloths inside the boxes to find the Omega you want to chase. Happy hunting.'' The man walks away after this and leaves them to their scenting. When they hear what the man said, both Alphas clench their fists. They take some time to calm down and walk towards the first box. There are ten in total.

Lan Wangji looks at Wei Wuxian and grabs his hand. ''Don't worry.'' Wei Wuxian laughs and relaxes a bit. ''Let's get started.'' They start to scent the boxes one by one. The fear clinging to some of the scents makes them angry, but they keep going. When they reach the 8th box, both of their eyes widen the instant the scent inside hits them. The scent envelops their entire being and they can't help but revel in it. The scent of vanilla tells them many things. The fear the Omega feels, the despair, the fact that the Omega is in post-heat, but most important of all, that this Omega is their fated mate. The one they have been looking for.

The Alphas look at each other. Many emotions are seen in their eyes. Joy, sadness, anger and love. ''Our Omega.'' Wei Wuxian whispers when looking at Lan Wangji. ''Hn ours.'' They both take another whiff before reluctantly putting the box back. They can't attract any suspicion after all. After a bit of waiting the group of Alphas are taken to a spot in front of a forest. The Alphas are all trying to intimidate the others. 'These people don't deserve to be called Alphas.' Wei Wuxian internally sneers.

A man stands in front of them and starts to speak. ''Hello gentlemen. I'll keep this short since you all must be excited to start hunting haha.'' Some of the Alphas holler at this and the man continues. ''The Omegas have a 30 minute head start. After 30 minutes you all can start the chase and-'' the man stays silent to build up the suspense. ''all the Omega's will then go into heat. We gave them all a heat inducer which will take effect in 30 minutes.'' Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian's eyes both widen. This is absolutely barbaric.

''Once I give the signal you can all start the chase. Happy hunting.'' The man walks to the side and a bit later he gives the signal. The Alphas start to run in different directions. Luckily both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian have an advantage, they are cultivators. After a bit of running they stop to sniff the air for the scent of their mate. Luckily they are able to find it and they start to run in that direction. Gripping each other's hand tightly.