xix. Sagittarius

- ✦ -

     Orion was trying to get out of Professor Flitwick's sight on a Monday morning when a bunch of sixth-year students started entering the Charm classroom. Professor Flitwick asked her to come to meet him right after breakfast to discuss and ask her about how she managed to do wandless magic when it hasn't been taught in her year yet; when quite completely, Orion herself had no idea how she managed to pull that off.

     Professor Flitwick was still trying to explain to her that the spell that she used was not a spell that Hogwarts uses after Orion told him what she did, which then he continued by asking her to join the Charm Club or the Duelling Club. Orion politely refused when she could see a bunch of sixth-year students were already sitting in, starting to get uncomfortable by the unnecessary attention she was getting.

     She was about to turn and head down the marble staircase when she saw Cedric Diggory, his bag split; parchments, books and quills were scattered on the floor along with several broken bottles of ink on the floor.

     "Diggory?" Orion prompted, she scrunched her nose when she realised she never really talked to him before, she looked at him who was crouching down to pick all of his stuff.

     He was picking up a copy of A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration that was splattered with ink when he looked up, a smile was immediately draped over his face when he saw Orion. "Hi, Mikaelson," he said. "My bag just split," he continued with a chuckle as he began to stand up.

     "Uh–" Orion furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing what to say as she began to crouch down to help him. "I'll help."

     Cedric immediately caught her hand in an attempt to stop her, he jerked his hand in an instance when Orion darted her gaze to where his hand was. "Don't bother, it's fine."

     Orion nodded as she once again scrunched her nose, couldn't stand the awkwardness between them. She was about to excuse herself when Cedric began to speak.

     "Why were you in Charms?" he asked her, a smile still on his face.

     "Oh, Flitwick wanted to talk," Orion answered as she nodded.

     "Ah, okay," Cedric mirrored her action by nodding along. "I'll see you around?"

     "Yeah, see you around," Orion said as she began to step down. "And good luck for the tournament."

     His eyes lit up when he heard her wishing him luck, another nod as he muttered his thank you's before crouching down once more to pick his books and parchments.

     "Oh, and Diggory," Orion prompted as she turned around and looked up to him who lifted both of his brows. "About Cassiopeia," Orion said sternly, however, a hint of doubt was laced on her voice.

     "She's amazing, your cousin," he began before Orion could say anything as if he knew what she was about to say. Orion immediately smiled when she heard his statement. "I'm not going to hurt her, if you're trying to warn me. I really like her, I do."

     "Good," Orion mumbled as she nodded and took another look at Cedric who was looking at her with a genuine smile. He was not lying, well, he better not lie, because he might make it out of the tournament alive, but if he ever hurt just one strand of Cassiopeia's hair, he's going to wish he died on the tournament, because Orion is the one who is going to kill him.

     "And Mikaelson," he called her once again and Orion immediately turned around. "Please don't tell her I said any of that."

- ✦ -