6 : i'll miss you.

3rd Person POV

Today is a special and sad day for Yang Jungwoo.

He had finally served his jail time and he was free. He had earned a lot of acquaintances in there. He chose not to get to close in case they take advantage of him. Except for one guy.

He just called himself, 'Lucas'. They were almost the same age. Lucas being two years older. He was kind to Jungwoo. Almost like a partner in there. He took care of him when he was hurt from fights in the prison yard. He was lucky he had many acquaintances in there. He would've gotten himself killed a long time ago.

As Jungwoo packed his things in their shared cell, Lucas laid his hand on his shoulder.

"I'll miss you bub.", His deep, velvety voice sending shivers down Jungwoo's spine.

Jungwoo closed his eyes for a second before suddenly hugging Lucas, surprising the man. He truly knew how to make the tough man soft. Lucas patted the smaller boy's back as Jungwoo let out small whines and sobs.

"Why can't you finish your time at the same time?", Jungwoo asked. Lucas raised his eyebrows at that. He let out a chuckle and pushed Jungwoo off him just enough to see his pretty face.

He smiled and wiped the stray tears from his soft cheeks.

"I can't and you know that. I'm a bad guy, Jungwoo. An actual one. You're innocent.", Jungwoo whined and smacked his shoulder.

"Don't give me that! I love you, Lucas...I can't live without you...", Jungwoo let out as he laid his head on Lucas's shoulder.

Lucas had to hold back tears but they were choking him. He hated himself for letting this pretty cute boy into his heart. But he didn't hate the boy.

"Go out there and enjoy life. Go spend time with your brother. I'll stay here and try not to get myself killed.", Jungwoo glared at him but he just looked adorable.

Lucas laughed and ruffled the boy's hair.

"I love you too, Jungwoo. Maybe once I get out, I'll ask you out. Sounds good?", Jungwoo snorted but nodded.

"Don't get yourself killed, Lucas. I'm warning you.", Lucas chuckled and nodded.

"Yukhei.", Jungwoo turned to Lucas confused.

Lucas smiled and took the boy's smaller hands in his.

"My name is Yukhei. Just thought you should know that before you left.", Jungwoo scoffed.

"Now? And you tell me now? Why do you like to make me mad, 'Yukhei'?", Lucas laughed and kissed the boy's forehead.

"I'm sorry if I do. I have a habit.", Jungwoo glared and smacked his shoulder.

There was a knock on the window of their cell. It was a guard close to them.
The guard saw what was going on and he looked at them sympathetically while pointing at his watch, signaling it was time for Jungwoo to leave.

Jungwoo sighed and nodded. The guard held out three fingers, meaning he had three more minutes.

They spent those three minutes in each other's embrace. Lucas occasionally giving Jungwoo's ear a kiss. Whispering sweet nothings.

Three minutes felt like three seconds as the door opened.

"Come on, it's time to go."

Jungwoo let go of Lucas and hesitatantly picked up his stuff. Lucas watched on as he walked away.

"Take care of him, K. Make sure he doesn't get himself killed.", Lucas chuckled knowing Jungwoo would say that.

The guard close to them only known as 'K' to them, chuckled and nodded.

"As long as he doesn't get into trouble, I think he'll be fine." Lucas nodded.

"Don't worry about me, Jungwoo."

Jungwoo looked at Lucas but chose to trust the man wouldn't get himself killed.
Jungwoo stepped out of his cell and Lucas waved him goodbye before K shut the cell door.

K looked at him with sympathy and patted his shoulder.

"I'll take care of him,don't worry. Worry about yourself first. Like finding a job and visiting your brother.", Jungwoo sighed and nodded. Lucas can take care of himself.

And so here he was. Standing outside the prison he spent a long time in. 10 years. He's 32 now. The ripe age to start working. He doubts he would find jobs though. His criminal record is glaring.

A horn startled him and snapped him out of his daydream. A certain someone peeked his head out.

"Hyung, come on!", His step-brother, Junseo. Jungwoo smiled, glad to see a familiar face already.

He jogged over to the car and got into the back. Junseo immediately hugged his step brother.

"I missed you so much.", Jungwoo chucked and patted his back.

"I'm here, Junseo."

Junseo didn't let go of him until two minutes later.

"Is this your brother?", an unfamiliar voice spoke from the driver seat. Jungwoo looked at him suspiciously.

"Oh! Hyung, this is my manager. Dongmin. But he prefers to be called Eun Woo. Don't ask why.", Junseo chuckled as he said it.

Jungwoo ignored the fact that he had a manager for a moment as he held out his hand. Eun Woo smiled and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you. This is my first day working for Junseo-hyung so I apologise if I seem intruding.", Junseo gasped and shook his head.

"Who says you're intruding?", Jungwoo chuckled as his step brother 'scolded' his manager.

"It's fine. You're not intruding.", Jungwoo said with a smile.

"Well, if you say so."