Our Little Boy - 1

"Oh, wow, Rain. How are you going to tell him?" Dania asked twirling her curls in her fingers. I stared down at the 'pregnant' sign that was there in bold letteres as the test thingy lay on my lap. I nibbled my lip nervously. "I don't know, Dani. I really don't know." 

Her soft light arms went around me and as soon as my head hit her shoulder, I burst into tears. Dania stroked my hair as I sobbed uncontrollably. "I can't do this, Dani. He'll leave me, I know he will." I said in between sobs. 

She carried on stroking my hair and sighed. "Ray, look. I know my brother and he loves you too much to leave you, alright?" She soothed. "But we're sixteen! Why the hell would he want a baby in high school?!" I cried.

"Sweetie, it's okay. He might be a little shocked at first but trust me, he's gonna get over it. It's his responsibility too." She said calmly. I looked up at her golden eyes, wondering wether or not to believe her. Hunter and I had been dating a little over a year and I couldn't ask for a better guy, he was so sweet and funny and so cutely over protective of me but a baby's just going to ruin everything between us. "I can't tell him." I said suddenly. Dania plumped up a pillow in the bed and made me lie against it as she sat cross legged in front of me. "Oh, yeah, Ray. Cos it's easy to hide a baby bump." She said, raising her eyebrow.

I smoothed down my t-shirt and saw my once flat stomach, raise a little. "Maybe it won't be so bad once the baby's born." Danie said slowly. "You know how awkward Hunter is with kids! He's gonna freak out so bad." I mumbled putting my head in my hands. I was feeling so nauseous and my head was spinning at the thought of telling Hunter about the baby.  

"You're such a worry-guts, Rain. Once you tell Hunter, it's gonna be fine-" 

She was interrupted by her door bursting open, Hunter stood there, doughnut in one hand and a soda in the other. He was this six foot something hottie with a light complexion and tight black curls cut into a fade. He had golden eyes too,a trait that seemed to run in their family and never ceased to amaze me. "Tell me what?" He asked walking over and taking a bit out of his doughnut. He bounced on the bed, laying between me and Dania, propped up on his elbows. He extended his cake thingy out to me which I normally wouldn't have turned down but I was still sick with nervousness.

I smiled and shook my head. Hunter frowned at me, until his big sister hit him on the head with a pillow. "Ouch! What was that for?"  

"Don't you know how to knock? We're having a private chat here!" She said hitting him again. Hunter shoved the rest of the doughnut in his mouth and put the soda down before grabbing hold of the pillow and smacking Dania back. "First of all, my girlfriend is here so I have every right! And second, I heard my name so therefore I have yet another right to walk in here." He said clicking his fingers in her face 

Dania looked at me. "I hate your boyfriend." She muttered.

I only managed a feeble giggle, I was still shook with nerves as i looked at Hunter and what he would say. I had to hold back tears then. I couldn't imagine my life without him. Especially with a baby. "So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" He asked me. "Uhm." Was all I could say as I stroked my stomach nervously. "You don't have to answer him!" Dania said quickly, glaring at Hunter. He stuck his tongue out to her and crawled over to where I was. He sat behind me and hugged me close. "Tell me." He whispered in my ear. His deep voice sent chills down my spine but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. "I-uhm." I stammered. Dania chewed on her lip, just as nervous as me.

"I'm moving away." I blurted out. I don't know why I said it but I just did. Dania stared at me wide eyed and I heard the sharp intake of Hunter's breath as his whole body tensed up. "What? Why?" He asked, his voice strained. "Yeah. Why?" Dania said raising her eyebrow and folding her arms. I looked at her, silently begging her not to say anything. "My mom got a new job. In....Chicago." I said not looking at him.