Our Little Boy - 7

Ryriam was gone for quite a while and I could hear some muffled voices and it sounded like the family were having a fight or something but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I hugged JJ close. "I wish your daddy was here. He'd make everything better." I whispered into his brown curls. He only gurgled in response.

I sighed. I couldnt wait till this little kid could talk.

Ryriam came back - eventually, and cleaned up the back of my dress where JJ had oh-so-kindly puked up on. Ryriam didn't say anything and I could feel this weird tension around her. She wiped up the sick in slow, delicate movents. It was so slow that I actually wanted to grab the cloth from her and do it my damn self.

"I'm doing all this and I don't even know your name." she said suddenly. I watched JJ standing up in his precious little legs and trying to walk but always landed with a thump, which made him laugh and he'd do it all over again.

"Rain. Rain Meadows." I replied. I always cringe at my name. It sounded like some weird fairy name out of a badly written book. Hunter had always said he loved my name and it was beautiful and nearly always made a violent attempt to hit anyone who thought otherwise. His own dad made that mistake once.

"That's pretty." she said softly. I don't know why there was an edge to her voice but there just was. We went back into silence and then mumbled something about some of the sick getting in my hair. I almost threw up myself. I knew that as a mother you're suppose to have a strong stomach but I'm only seventeen, I haven't gotten the grasps with that yet!

When she'd finally finished, Ryriam shuffled to in front of my on her knees where I was sat cross legged. "Rain?" she said. Her dark brown eyes pierced into mine. "Yes?" I replied. "Do you ever feel a pain? Like right there?" she asked, touching the area just below my heart

I stared at her like she'd just jumped out from outer space. How the hell did she know that?! I have had short burst of pains every now and then and they seemed to get worse every month but I didn't think it was anything to worry about. Until now...

"I do, yeah. How do you know?" I asked, narrowing my eyes slightly. Not gonna lie, this girl gives me the creeps. She was about to answer when the toilet door burst open.

Rocky stood there, frowning. JJ squealed and held his arms up to Rocky. Rocky bent down and picked him up then he looked at me. "C'mon, Ray. We're done here." he said. He said it calmly enough but there was a hint of pure anger in his voice.

I stood up and so did Ryriam. Rocky glared at her but didn't say anything. She folded her arms but Rocky just held his hand out to me. "C'mon, babe."

As soon as I was under is arm, I felt that pang in my chest. I didn't show it but I definitely winced a little. I realised that this only happened when I was that little bit too close to Rocky. I shook it off and waved a small goodbye at Ryriam.

We walked out into the hallway and I could tell that Rocky was furious about something. His lips were tightened and a vein popped out from his temple. His parents came out from the dining room. Immediately, their eyes travelled to JJ. Rocky shifted JJ about on his arm so that JJ wasnt facing them.

Yeah, weird.

I waved goodbye to them half-heartedly and the only response I got was from Ryriam who actually smiled and waved and we went back to the car. None of them said anything though and neither did Rocky. He strapped JJ into his seat in double quick time and slid into his own seat.

"Rocky, honey, what was that all about?' I asked as he started the car. He didnt say anything and just buckled in his seatbelt and stepped on the pedals mega-quick. "Rocky!" I said raising my voice. "What? Why are you shoutig?" he said sounding annoyed.