Our Little Boy - 10

Hunter's Perspective.

I woke up to an empty bed. Again. 

Normally, by now, I should have at least been engaged to Rain. I know she'd only turned 20 and that's pretty young to be getting married for humans but I would have told her the truth about Weres...If only she would stayed. 

Rain lied to me all those years ago. She told me that her mom got a job in Chicago but then I saw her mom like a week later and the stupid woman wouldn't even tell me where Rain had gone. I couldn't stay mad at her forever I guess, she was mate after all.

When I woke up to find my bed empty, it felt like she went away with one of my arms or legs. I had no idea what to do with myself. I probably drove everyone nuts.

There was a sudden knock at the door. "What do you want?" I shouted. The door opened slightly. "Sorry to disturb you, Alpha Hunter, but I was wondering if you would like something to eat?"

It was this stupid Cassie girl. Ever since Rain left, she's been trying to make advances towards me. Sure I was angry at Rain for leaving me like that without a good reason but I wouldn't cheat on her. Even though she's probably cheated on me.

"Cassie. Get out. If I wanted food, I would have damn well got it myself." I snapped, some girls just don't take hints. I sat up and put my head in my hands. I don't know how long before I would die because of her absence. Obviously, she wouldn't die - just yet - cos she's a human but us werewolves need our mates. Like really bad.

Her effect of being away from me wouldn't neccessairly be dying but more like feeling a sharp pain near her heart. I sighed again and picked up her necklace that she'd left and kissed it. "I don't care where you are, what you're doing or what you've done. Just, please, please, please come back, baby."

I knew the biggest possibility of her leaving was because she'd found another guy. Obviously just the thought of that burned through my brain. I hated the fact that I could have lost her to another guy. If I found that out, I'd rip the guy's throat apart.

My door opened again and I shoved the necklace in my pocket. To everyone else, I'd gotten over Rain. They thought I was mean and cranky to everyone because of her. But really I just shut myself off from everyone because I didn't hurt less. That way I wont have to trust anyone and then they end up lying to me and leaving me in the middle of the night.

"Hey, Alpha. How you holding up?" Micael asked, walking in and bouncing on my king sized bed. I sniffed. Only he knew my true feelings about Rain. He's my Beta, I had to tell him.

I walked over to my calendar and crossed off another day. "That's 1095 days." I shrugged. "Dude, I promise you, she has a good reason for this. Chill." Micael said staring up at the ceiling. "Like what? Running off with another guy?" I scoffed. "Shut up, you don't know that! And Rain's not that type of girl."

"I wish I got mated with a Were instead." I mumbled. Obviously I didn't mean that but ya know, I was hurt! Micael sat up "You do not mean that." he said. I nodded firmly. 

"Hunter-"

"I spent 6 months looking for that girl. 6 months. My dad died during those 6 months but I still didnt come back. The only reason I came back was to put the Crimson Leaf pack back in order so that their would be no rogues. Otherwise, I'd still be looking for her. She's probably having a nice life with her man." I spat.

I knew I wasn't being fair and that I really loved her to bits but she really, really hurt me.

"Stop! Stop it before you say something you really regret!" Micael shouted. But he didn't know that I already hated myself after she left. I thought it was my fault she rode off into the sunset with another human. Maybe I dint buy her enough chocolate, flowers? Maybe I didn't spend enough time with her?