Our Little Boy - 4

I woke up, my head feeling hot and heavy. There were voices but they sounded muffled. I struggled to open my eyes properly but slowly and surely my senses started coming back to me. "Oh, my gosh! I don't even know you! Why you here?" someone shouted. "I'm here because I care!" a male voice shouted back. "Care about who? JJ's got a daddy, he doesn't need you!" the female voice said. I struggled to sit up and I was met with the sight of Dania and Rocky yelling at each other  at the foot of my bed.

I waved my hand to get their attention but they kept going at it. "Hey. Hey!" I said coarsely. I gave a little exaggerated cough and they both stopped in mid rant and looked at me. Then Dania elbowed Rocky out of the way and came over to my bed and sat next to be, hugging me tight. "Oh, Rainy-baby, I'm so glad you're okay!" she said. "Yeah, thanks to me." Rocky mumbled. Dania turned and glared at him coldly. "You're probably the reason she fainted, Donkey breath." she said, sticking her tongue out childishly.

That brought me back to actually remember why I was knocked out in the first place. It was the news about Hunter. I stared at Dani, did she know about it? Of course she knew! She's his sister after all. "Uhm, Rocky, hun, could you give me and Dani a minute, please?" i asked. He nodded and made his way to the door. "Hold on!" i said sitting up suddenly. "Where's my baby?" i asked. Rocky and Dani's eyes widened and they exchanged guilty glances.

"He's downstairs." Rocky said, looking so cute rubbing the back of his head. "By himself?! Guys, how old do you think he is?! Go look after him, Rocky!" I said, outraged, though still checking out Rocky slyly. Rocky nodded and dashed out the door. Dani laughed and rubbed my cheek. "You're so cute when you get all motherly." she said. I got hold of her wrist and puled it away from my face.

Dani looked shocked but I didn't care. "Tell me the truth." i said. She frowned. "About what?" i folded my arms over my chest and looked at her right in the eyes. "About Hunter. What's happened to him? Why didn't you tell me?"

Dania's mouth dropped slightly. "How did you find out?" she whispered. "That's not important. Whats important is that you didn't tell me." Dani's eyes started to water a little. "R-rain, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you but I-" she stammered her voice going ll high and weird. I held my hand up to stop her. "Juts tell me whats happened to him."

She looked down and a tear slid down her cheek and made a damp spot on  my bed. "I don't know." she whispered. "Dania! Tell me whats happened to him!" I said, getting more angry now. "I told you, Ray, I don't know!" she said looking up, she was crying properly now but My mind was way too caught up in Hunter to care anymore. "Why should I believe you? You've lied to me enough, telling me hes fine and all that!"

"Ray! You're making this so difficult! What was I supposed to say to you when you'd just given birth? 'i know you've just had your baby five minutes ago but guess what? His dad's gone missing'? I don't think so!" she said huffily. "I could have managed!" I said nearly shouting at her. "Rain! It wasnt easy for me you know! Having to accept that your baby brother's gone without a trace isnt easy to get your head around!"

"We could have gotten through it together, Dania! He's my boyfriend, I had a right to know!" I shouted, my fists clenched up tight. Dania screwed up her face the way Hunter did when he was angry. "You walked out on him and you took his baby! So technically you had no right whatsoever to know!" she said angrily, standing up from where she was. "Excuse me?" 

"You heard! It's all your fault if you would have just stayed with JJ, he wouldnt have gone all dark and depressive and shut himself off from everyone!" she yelled. I pulled the duvet back and stood up next to her. "Oh this is my fault now?" I said. "Yes! You ruined him! He loved you but look at what you did-!"

"Shut up! It's not my fault!" I screamed at her, tears almost falling. Ever since I'd met Dani, I'd never had a fight with her and I'd never planned to but yet- here we are. I wanted to stop and sigh and hug her and say sorry but I was too angry with her blaming me for Hunter disappearing. "It is! Even mom said it!" Dani said. "I dont care!" I lied. "Besides, I dont need you or anyone else." I said, folding my arms across my chest. "Oh thats right, cos you've got Ricky now." she said raising her eyebrow.