Our Little Boy - 20

Hunter's perspective .

"Dude, you think she's hungry? Or does she need changing? Is she sick?" I asked Micael franctically.

Scarlett was lay on her back on mine and Rain's bed, yelling her head off. She was bright red in the face as she cried.

Me and Micael stood either side if her on the bed just looking at her.

"I don't know!" Micael replied, running his fingers through his hair. "Try picking her up?"

"No!" I said backing away. I was terrified cos she was so small and I might drop her. Then there's gonna be problems.

"Uhm, hush little baby..." Micael said, trying to soothe her but Scarlett yelled even louder.  

"Where's Aubrey? She could handle this!" 

"Rain told her not to help you."

Oh man.

"Hunter! Pick her up! She might hurt her lungs or something." 

That scared me even more. She kicked her legs in her white sleeping suit and clenched her fists. 

The image of my daughter hurting her tiny lungs just killed me.

I hesitated to pick her up and all of a sudden she stopped crying and started making these choking noises like she had something stuck in her throat.

I had to pick her up, then. "Oh no, oh no." I said, nearly crying of panic and fear. I picked her little body up in my arms and sat on the bed. 

"Scarlett?" I whispered my voice breaking slightly. I put my face close to hers.

Then she let out a full blow yell in my face. Both me and Micael let out a sigh if relief. "She was only revving up to scream again." Micael said, his hand on his heart.

"I'm such a rubbish dad." I moaned. I didn't know how Rain managed to do it and I kinda respected her for that. 

"No you're not. You're just an idiot." Micael shrugged. I glared at him. 

"Like you know anything about babies."

I held Scarlett in one hand and rocked her slightly trying to calm her but she was having none of it and kept screaming, turning her head this way and that and her little arms flailing about. 

Suddenly, her tiny mouth made contact with my bare arm and she started sucking on it.

"Told you she was hungry." Micael said proudly. "Shut up. Aw, it tickles!" I laughed. Scarlett looked so adorable as she sucked on my arm thinking it was food.  

She blinked up her wet eyelashes at me. I was so surprised at the colour of her eyes. My whole family had golden eyes, all different shades but still golden.

But Scarlett was different. Her eyes were bright green. I don't even know how that was genetically possible.  

Once she found out she wasn't getting any food, her little face screwed up and she made sweet coughing noises before she screamed her head off again.

"Dude, how do you make a bottle?" I asked panicking. Micael searched through all the baby stuff that had taken over my room. "I don't know! Don't babies feed in boobs?"

"Well, yeah but do you have any?" I snapped. Micael lifted his top jokingly and pointed to his hard chest. "No, but want me to give it a shot?" 

I held Scarlett protectively "No! My daughter is not coming near you for a long while."

I stood up, making sure she was still in my firm grip. "Look, just help me make the bottle already."

We struggled as Scarlett screamed in my arms. It hurt me seeing her like this and i was actually worried. "Okay, I've seen Rain do this before. She puts the water in the bottle and then the milk powder dissolves."