Our Little Boy - 6.

Rocky's mom's eyes never left me as we sat at the table. His dad was sat at the head of the table reading a newspaper and really couldn't care less that I was there. Well good. 

A couple of times one of their many maids tried to take JJ so I could eat properly but I utterly refused. There was no way that I was going to let my baby roam about in this hateful house. Rocky shot me a couple of apologetic glance but I ignored him as I held back tears. 

At Hunter's house, his whole family would be everywhere, laughing singing chatting, stood up or sat down or simply on the move. There was always such a lively atmosphere at dinner. But here, it was Rocky's parents at the far end of the table then me on one side and Rocky on the other and none of us said much apart from the odd cough here and there.

I clutched JJ tight as he played with the spoon beside my plate and banged it against the table. Rocky's mom gave a disapproving look but I didn't snatch the spoon from JJ. I was so glad it annoyed her that I kissed JJ's hair and mumbled "Good boy, keep it up."

As  if he'd understood, he squealed loudly and banged even louder. I smiled to myself. I hoped more than anything that Rocky's mom would kick me out. "Momma, when can we eat?" Rocky groaned, slumping down in his chair. She glared at him and he sat up immediately. 
"We're waiting for your brother and sister to come over." she said smoothing down her skirts. Then she turned to Rocky's dad. "Ray! Do you really have to read at the table?" she scolded.

Ray, or whatever, looked up and between them they seemed to have a silent conversation before the om rolled her eyes. Just then a door banged open and this tall slim girl walked in. "Hey, momma! Whats good, pops?" she said, kissing Rocky's mom on the cheek and then the dad. 

"Ryriam! Oh, I'm so glad you'r back, baby." her mother said. Ryriam was taller than Rocky and one side of her hair was shaved with a star pattern designed on it. The rest of her hair she'd dyed blond which kinda looked good on her complexion. She had maybe one too many piercings too. A nose stud, a stud just below her lip, a normal one on her left ear and 5 rings going up her right ear.

When I'd first got a glance of Dania at Hunter's house, I liked her in a heartbeat. But with this girl, not too sure. She moved around and knuckled Rocky's hair. " 'sup baby bro." she said. Then she looked up and saw me and JJ. she tilted her head, looking just like Rocky when he' confused.

She looked at her mom without saying anything yet they seemed to understand each other as Ryriam nodded slowly and then took the seat next to me, barely pausing to say hi. She slumped down too and put one leg over the arm rest so that her shiny crocodile boots shone as they swung about. 

Ryriam looked at us. "Are we gonna dig in or what?"
"No. Ryan isn't here yet and -Ryriam! Put that garlic bread down!" her mother ordered. Ryriam rolled her eyes and dropped the bread back in the bowl moodily. "Ryan's not even coming." she mumbled. I could have sworn Rocky seemed relived. I was relieved too. I didn't know how much more I could take of this.

After we, finally, started eating, Ryriam looked at as she chewed then she looked at JJ as I fed him his baby food while feeding myself at the same time. I didn't wanna let on that I knew that she was looking at me so I carried on, pretending to be oblivious.

"How old are you?" Ryriam suddenly asked.
"17." 
she paused as she looked at JJ. "What about him?" she asked, popping another chicken bit into her mouth. "He's nearly 10 months old." I said, trying to be brave infront of her. Her chewing slowed and so did Rocky as he watched Ryriam suspiciously. Their mother was too busy ordering maids around and their dad...well...he was just there.

"Is he your brother?" Ryriam asked. "No." I said, cringing as I said it. People always thought that JJ was like a step or half brother or a little cousin that I was babysitting for the day cos I was so damn young and then their faces would sink if I said he was my son.