Our Little Boy - 16

"C'mon, Ray. Just a spoon?"

I batted his hand that held the spoon angrily. "What makes you think I want to eat?" I asked grumpily folding my arms.

Rocky shrugged and put the plate of food down. "You've not ate since we got here, honey."

I glared at him. "And you wonder why? You threatened to kill my son, you ransacked my home, then you actually kill Hunter-"

I couldn't even say his name without tearing up. It'd been three days since he got killed and its haunted me ever since. If only i would have stayed then i wouldn't have met Rocky and Hunter would still be alive.

Rocky shook his head. "I'm not gonna hurt JJ anymore. I just wanted Hunter out of the picture and since I've done that, his pack isn't so powerful anymore and JJ can grow up here without ever having to know he's an Alpha." He said smugly.

He'd actually gone through the liberty of explaining wolf concepts to me but I still didn't have a clue.

"I don't know why you're telling me your sinister plans, I obviously couldn't care less." I said raising an eye brow.

I wasn't about to let Rocky have it easy. Not after what he did to Hunter. The only guy whose ever truly loved me. Rocky had took me to what I assumed was his 'pack house' but comparing it to Hunter's, this one was really weak and sombre and no one really did much.

"You've always been a handful, babe." He sighed. I don't know if he thought we were together again but lemme tell you something - we are not.

I looked over at JJ who was sat on some cushions and watching tv. "Rocky? Can I stay alone with JJ for a bit?" I asked. Rocky automatically narrowed his eyes. "Why?" He asked suspiciously. I rolled my eyes. "We're still grieving. Ya know, it's a human thing?"

He hesitated but then nodded and picked up the plate of food and walked out and locked the door. Over the last three days I've tried to escape four times and this time I think he wasn't idiotic enough to leave me on my own again.

Especially not with JJ. All I could grasp from Rocky's sinister grumbles was that he definitely did not want JJ to grow up and become an Alpha. Apparently he's just as powerful as his dad even though he's not a full Were.

I mentally rolled my eyes. Rocky had some serious issues.

I went over to JJ and hugged myself tightly. Before the only thing I wanted was for JJ to not grow up with Hunter but now it was all I wanted.

I sniffed sadly and crouched beside JJ on one of the pillows he was sat on,clutching a cup of juice. His golden eyes were glued to the screen but he wasn't really watching.

"JJ, baby, are you okay?" I asked him softly. He turned to me and just nodded. "You sure?" I asked him. Then he shook his head slowly. "Aw, tell mommy what's wrong, angel." I said sitting down properly.

He looked down at his glass of juice. "I liked my daddy. When is he coming to get us?"

I felt my heart break into a million pieces. How was I supposed to tell a three year old that his sad was never coming back??

I picked him up and rested my back on one of the dressers in the room that Rocky had given us because I refused to stay in his room.

I held JJ tight towards me and listened to the sound of a soft storm outside. I sniffed trying hard to keep my tears in. "Daddy won't be back, sweetie." I said as tactfully as I could.

"Why?"

"Shhh, go to sleep, honey." I said my voice breaking a little. "I don't like Rocky." JJ mumbled into my chest. "Me either." I whispered.