Chapter Twelve

".. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Tucker grinned, watching as his best friend and sister finally tied the knot. The two people that he loved more than anything in the world were together, and soon they'd be welcoming a new addition to their family. Just the thought of that made Tucker's heart feel all different kinds of warm and fuzzy.

Dan was smiling so wide, Tuck feared he'd end up hurting his jaw. Tucker recalled how the man was tearing up just a while ago when Paige walked down the aisle. Paige, too, looked like nothing would ever make her happier.

Tucker had never been in a long term relationship, his longest lasted maybe six months, but just seeing these two made him crave something more permanent.

Everyone was dancing, and having a great time. Tucker wasn't much of a dancer, so after dancing for a few minutes with Paige and his mom, he remained seated. Divij was mixing in well with his family, so far everyone seemed to like him, and he seemed to be completely unaware of how crazy his family was on a normal basis.

He'll see once he comes to the annual barbeque, Tucker thought.

"Tuck! You're looking so handsome, black is really your colour." A voice interrupted the conversation that Tucker and Divij were having.

"Angie," Tucker faked a smile, grimacing internally, "Hey, thanks."

"Do you wanna dance?" She asked, excited.

"You know I don't dance," Tucker answered, before looking over at Divij, "This is Angie, a family friend, and Angie, this is Divij, my boyfriend."

"Hey.." Divij said awkwardly as Angie frowned.

"Hi," Angie said dismissively before looking at Tucker again, "I think I'll.. go dance with Louis or someone."

Tucker sighed in relief as Angie left. He was pretty sure that they were distant cousins, and despite knowing very well that he was gay, that woman never stopped trying.

"So, boyfriend huh?" Divij asked. Throughout the night, Tucker had introduced Divij as his date, "Was it serious or was it just to get rid of her?"

"If it's too soon for you or if you didn't like it then I'm sorry, I-"

"No! I think.. I think it's cool." Divij blushed, making Tucker smile.

"Good."

"Are you sure you don't dance?" Divij asked, and Tucker shook his head.

"I would if you put a gun to my head," Tucker shrugged, "Which my sister and mon would've done had I not danced with them. But trust me, they've spent months teaching me how to perfect that one minute dance."

Divij laughed as Tucker was telling him some anecdotes from his dancing lessons with his family. Out of the corner of his eye, Tucker noticed Callum walking towards the two of them.

Before this, even though he saw Callum a few times, the blonde really couldn't get the opportunity to reach out to the lawyer. Tucker was the best man, afterall. But now that his duties were over, he was somewhat expecting Callum to make a move.

Not wanting to cause a disaster, which would be Callum chasing Divij away or Tucker punching him in front of hundreds of people, Tucker excused himself. He made eye contact with Callum, subtly tilting his head and motioning him to follow as he walked to the restroom.

Tucker checked under all the stalls, making sure there was no one else inside. Callum entered shortly after him, locking the door behind him so that the two of them don't get disturbed.