-Prologue-

"Who am I kidding, you all want to go to UA."

Everyone in the class stands up and starts yelling, using their quirks without reason.

"I see that Midoriya is also aiming for UA."

She had to say that, now everyone knows, the quirkless kid is trying for the most prestigious hero school in the country.

They all just laugh at me, telling me I can't become a hero, that I will never pass the exam to become a UA student, but that's fine. I will show them that I can make it as a hero, one that saves everyone with a smile on his face.

"DEKU..."

There's Kachaan, my childhood best friend, we did everything together, but once our quirks came in, he started to push me away and bully me for not having one.

"...DON'T APPLY FOR UA..."

He can say what he wants, but I'll apply anyways.

"...YOU'LL NEVER PASS THE EXAM."

With that the bell rings and class ends.

Before I can stand up and leave, Kachaan grabs my hero notebook.

"What is this, Hero Notes for the Future? Yeah right, you'll never become a hero."

He blasts my notebook with his quirk and throws it out the window, into the water fountain outside. With that, they leave the classroom

I went and collected my burnt notebook from the fountain outside. Though it was soaked, nothing seemed to be totally unreadable, so I can salvage most of the information.

As I made my way home, I passed through the same tunnel I always do, though, something felt different this time, but I couldn't place it, so I continued like normal. Then I was suddenly engulfed in slime.

"Calm down kid, it'll only hurt for 45 seconds."

I continued to struggle and fight back, but it was hopeless for me, as I didn't have a quirk. I thought I was going to die.

Then, I woke up.

Standing before me was the current number one hero, All Might.

Before I even asked any questions, he told me that he signed my notebook and poster. I wanted to ask more questions, but he jumped off. Though, before he did, I grabbed onto his pant leg.

"What are you doing kid, it's dangerous, get off."

"I can't, we are way off the ground."

"Oh, you're right, hold up then, I'll land on this building."

As we landed, All might went up in smoke, and in his place, appeared a wiry man who seemed so fragile.

Once he calmed me down, I asked him the question that has been weighing on my mind.

"Do you think I can become a hero, even without a quirk?"

He seemed to ponder this question for a moment, then he gave an answer that hurt to hear.

"I'm sorry young man, but I do not think that you can become a hero without a quirk."

Hearing this put things into reality for me, I couldn't be a hero, so I went down the stairs of the building as All Might walked off.

Then as I was walking home once again, I heard a commotion.

I ran towards the area where the noise was coming from and my heart froze, it was the slime villain from earlier, except this time, he was trying to take over Kachaan.

Before I could even think, my body started moving, taking off my backpack as I ran towards the villain. All color went away, all sound faded out, and the feeling in my limbs went numb. I threw the backpack at the villain's eye and proceeded to try and claw Kachaan out to no avail.

Then I was knocked over by something, I couldn't tell what it was due to my senses being gone except for sight. As I turned around, I saw All Might standing there, in his victory pose.

I went on my way home from the accident, being scolded by the heroes on scene, but not being able to hear them. Halfway home, my senses returned to me, but I was exhausted, struggling to even walk.

"I am here"

I turned around when I heard that and saw none other than All Might standing before me.

After giving me a speech for a few minutes, he finally came to the phrase that still sticks with me to this day

"Young man, you too....can become a hero."

Those are the words I live by, the words that drive me to be the best hero I can be. To push myself, knowing that I could be injured, even killed in this line of work. But that means nothing to me. I want to be able to save those in need with a smile on my face that says, "I am here." To make them feel safe while in my presence. This is the beginning of the story of the next Number 1 Hero, Deku.