-Chapter 6-

A/n 

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I spent some time trying to figure out where I wanted the romance to really start, so I decided that I would do it in this chapter, so enjoy some fluff and recovery.

Also, there is a youtuber by the name of Izukage who decided to do a voiceover of my previous Izuku x Nejire fic Only Hope. He did an amazing job, so go support his channel.

----------------------------------

Beep...........beep.............beep......

I slowly open my eyes, the light blinding me for a moment as I try and adjust. It is cold, yet I have a blanket over me.

I sit up and take in my surroundings, they look very familiar, wait, I'm in the hospital again.

I think back to how I got here and then I remember what happened. The villain, the grenade, Nejire. It is all just a flash, but it's there and it is painful to remember. My back aches from taking the force of the grenade, but I seem to be fine.

I turn and put my feet off of the edge of the bed when a nurse comes in and sees that I am awake. She then immediately runs to get a doctor.

When she returns with the doctor, they seem surprised that I am up.

"How are you feeling Midoriya?"

My hearing is still kind of fuzzy from the explosion, but it is nothing I can't handle.

"I am feeling fine......my throat is kind of dry, my back aches and my hearing is fuzzy."

The doctor just writes this down and moves on, probably to see what he can do to help my recovery, though as the door was closing, someone else burst into the room.

All I see is a flash of periwinkle and then a weight on my chest. I look down to see Nejire nuzzled into my chest, crying and just holding me close to her.

I reach my arm down and start to pet her hair, my hearing slowly coming back, but I can make out what she is saying.

"Y-you.....idiot.....why......w-why would you............why would you do that....."

"I did it to....protect you.....Nejire."

She looks up into my eyes, her eyes are majorly red from crying, her hair is a mess, and her outfit seems like it was thrown on in a haste.

"But why, you didn't have to injure yourself in the process."

I just smiled at her and waved my hand in the air.

"Of course I had to do it, I'm a hero, and I can't lose you Nejire."

She just started crying harder from that, she buried her head back into my chest and just sat there as the doctor came in.

The doctor explained that I would be out of commission for at least a week to let my hearing and back heal from the explosion that I took at point blank. I just nodded my head and was released with Nejire.

"Hey Izu, do you want to stay at my apartment for a while?"

I just gave her a look of confusion, like why would she ask me that. She must have heard me because she just answered my question.

"I'm asking because you'll be out of commission, and while you're out, I can take care of you so you can heal faster."

I just smiled and shook my head, I sighed, she is such a child sometimes, but she is a great hero, and she is a great person. That is probably why I like her so much.