-Chapter 2-

Author's Note

Before the chapter,  I want to say and ask a couple things.

1. I am sorry for the late chapter, life has been busy

2. I am still debating on exactly how the side effects of Izuku's hidden quirk affect him, so if things don't line up, let me know and I will try and fix it

3. You can guess his quirk as it is similar to a power of someone from another anime, but I will never reveal what it is until the end

4. Do you guys want a shorter type story where the romance happens quicker, or do you want a slow burn?

Alright, onto the chapter

---------------------

I am sitting in the auditorium, listening to Present Mic explain how the robots on the practical portion of the exam work when I get a text from Nejire.

Nejire: How did the written portion go?

Izuku: It went well, I am confident I got a good score

"The written portion was very easy, it was basic knowledge and common sense on how to handle certain situations and some questions on specific heroes, everything that I have studied for."

It was at this moment that I focused back on what was happening around me and I was greeted with a tall, blue-haired student yelling at me while waving his hands in very robotic movements.

"...And you, do you think it is acceptable to not pay attention to the information being presented to us."

"That is a good question examinee (I don't remember the specific number). The fourth type of robot is worth no points at all, so it would be best to avoid it at all costs.

"That is good information, I will just avoid this robot to worry about gaining as many points as possible, this should be somewhat simple."

"Thank you Present Mic."

"Alright, anymore questions?"

You could hear a pin drop at how quiet the room was, meaning there were no more questions to be asked by the examinees.

"Then everyone head to their specific exam sites."

Everyone stood up and began to walk out the doors to the left and right, making their ways towards the buses to take them to the exam sites where the practical portion of the exam would take place.

As I stood up to leave, the glare of my old childhood friend Kachaan caught my eye. We just exchanged glances then moved on to our specific arenas for the exams.

Upon arriving at the exam site, many of the students began to stretch and warm-up, getting ready for the exam to take place. I began my stretch routine, starting with my arms and neck, then moving down to my legs. This is when Nejire sent me another text.

Nejire: Good luck on the exams, I believe in you, plus I want you to be at UA so we can talk about quirks more :p

I just shook my head and sighed, then tapped away at my phone to reply to her message.

Izuku: Thanks Nejire, and if I do pass, I will definitely show you more of my notebooks.

With that, the blue-haired boy from earlier tapped me on the shoulder and started to scold me once again.

"While everyone here is warming up to try their hardest, you are over here texting away, do you really think you can pass while not at 100%."

I was about to reply when Present Mic's voice became audible through the speakers in the exam area.

"Are you examinees ready?"

Everyone either cheered or gained a smirk on their face, ready for the challenge ahead, ready to fight for the open spot to UA high.

"Alright, GO."

With that, the door to the exam arena opened and everyone bolted in. I was among the first students in, which gave me an advantage as I was able to see the first batch of robots upon entering. Though I did see them, I did not have a chance to destroy them as many of the students with long range quirks were able to take them out first.

I continued to run into the mock city, constantly looking for robots to destroy to try and gain some points.

At around the 8 minute mark, I started to severely panic as I still had no points.

"There are only 2 minutes left in the exam and I have no points, what do I do, where do I go-"

At this point everyone in the arena stopped. There was an intense rumbling and shaking going on.

"Is this an earthquake, no, this is something else."

I heard someone gasp, so I looked in the direction they were facing and saw the zero pointer. A robot that is many stories high, looks nigh indestructible, and is worth zero points total. In this situation, everyone, including me, chose the best case scenario, to run.

As I was running away from the robot, I heard a scream.

"Someone, help!"

I turned around and saw a brunette-haired girl trapped under some rubble caused by the zero pointer. I didn't even think, my body just started running. Everything around me just started to fade away except for the girl and the robot about to crush her.

My vision faded to black and white, all noise vanished, the feeling of the air running across my skin vanished, time slowed down, but my strength felt like it had increased tenfold.

I ran as fast as I could. To me, it felt slow, but to everyone else, it was like a bolt of lightning just shot across the road towards the robot. I then jumped as high as I could, right in front of the zero-pointers head. I reeled my arm back, feeling the power of OFA surge through my body and into my arm. I clenched my bottocks and screamed with every fiber of my being in that moment.

"SMAAAAASH"

The force of the attack completely tore the head of the zero pointer from its body, destroyed the back wall of the arena, and cleared the path all the way to the next arena.

I then began to fall. My vision was still black and white, my hearing still didn't work, and I was still numb.

As I was about to hit the ground, I was hit by something, the only way I could tell is the way my body moved, then I was gently dropped to the ground. It was at this point that I blacked out.

I awoke many hours later. Color was back, I could hear, but the worst of all, I could feel. The searing pain in my arm and legs caused me to suck in air to try and breath.

"Take it easy sonny, or you'll hurt yourself worse than you already have."

I turned my head to the side and saw Recovery Girl in the room. She gave me the rundown of what happened. The overuse of my quirk caused my arm and legs to be seriously injured. Nerve damage so extreme that it almost couldn't be healed. It was the same with the color receptors in my eyes. After the whole explanation, I decided to start walking home and I opened my phone to see many texts from Nejire.

Nejire: Are you okay?????

Nejire: I saw what happened in the exam, answer asap

Nejire: Where are you, are you okay???

I slightly chuckled and sent her a text letting her know I was fine and that I was on my way home.

Once home, I fell on my bed and passed out, awaiting the results of the exam to come in the mail.