-Chapter 7-

A/n

I live guys, I have escaped school and work long enough to try and get a few chapter out. Finals are coming up so no promises, but I will try my damn hardest.\

Thank you guys for all the support, it means so much that you guys are sticking with this story even with all the delays, so without further ado, here you go, the next chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the smell of something cooking.

Wait, not cooking.........BURNING.

My eyes shot open in alarm, jumping up from the bed and running into Nejire's kitchen.

"What's going on?"

Nejire just slowly turned around with a guilty smile on her face.

"Sorry Izuzu, i was caught up in the romance show that was on TV."

I just smacked my forehead and sighed.

Oh Nejire, what am I going to do with you

I just smiled and walked up behind her, putting my arms around her waist and just held her like that.

She just leaned back and snuggled into my chest, wrapping her arms around mine.

"It's been 2 weeks Neji, I have to go back to training and hero work."

She made an audible whine, and she started pouting.

"But I like taking care of you, we get to cuddle and kiss all the time, and we can watch any movie we want."

I just smiled, yes cuddling was nice, but hero work needs to be done so I have an income to do things.

"I know Neji, but it has to be done."

I pulled out my phone and the first thing that I saw was a text from Miruko.

Miruko: Alright brat, your 2 weeks are up, time to train again to gain everything you've lost.

Neji just smiled and smacked my back

"Good luck Izuzu, let's hope that Miruko goes easy on you."

I gulped and decided I should not be late, lord knows what she would do if I was late.

After putting on some workout clothes and grabbing my hero costume as well, I gave Nejire and goodbye kiss and left for the training.

Timeskip

I was somehow still standing against Miruko, we have been sparring for the past 20 minutes and we are both covered in sweat, but I'm holding my ground.

Even after all of the sparring, training, and hero work, I have never been able to recreate what happened to me during the slime villain incident.

She ran at me again, preparing to give me another assault of punches and kicks, but after so long, I learned to react and predict her moves. I either blocked or dodged everything she threw at me, even throwing a couple of my own attacks in there too, but to no avail.

I was holding my ground until something changed, I had a sudden feeling of danger come over me, like if I didn't do something, that I was going to either be severely injured or killed.

It was at this moment that something clicked, and it happened.

My vision went to black and white, my hearing left my ears, and my senses all dulled, except for my perception of everything around me.

The feeling of danger led me to parry an attack from Miruko, twisting my body, grabbing her leg with one of my arms, then reeled my other arm back and palm-struck her right in the stomach.

Even without OFA, there was a visible shockwave from the force of the strike and Miruko was sent into the back wall.

The difference this time though, was that my senses came back to me almost immediately after.

I heard some rustling from where Miruko was and turned in that direction, only to see her have a manic grin and start laughing.

"What the hell kid, where did that come from, you were the first person to ever parry one of my attacks, not only that, you hit me hard enough to stun me. That's impressive."

"I don't know, it just happened. I felt danger and reacted instinctively."

"Oh?? So you noticed that I changed how I attacked, that I really put everything into that attack. Hmpf, good job kid, now go home. You need rest."

I just nodded and walked out the door with my stuff, heading back to Nejire's apartment.

The second I walked in, she shot towards me, trying to wrap me in a hug, but I sidestepped.

She turned around and pouted at me.

"Why did you move, do you not want a hug?"

"I'm covered in sweat and I don't smell good, I'm going to go take a shower first, then we can cuddle all you want."

She smiled and started bouncing up and down in joy.

I ran to the bathroom and took my shower. Though I started to think.

Why did that happen again, what was it, the first time it was the slime villain, the second it was an attack from Miruko.

I decided not to think about it too hard as I have a little ball of energy and love to cuddle with.

I finished my shower, got changed and headed into the living room part of the apartment.

The second I was on the couch, the weight and warmth of Nejire was on me already, holding on to my waist with her head in my chest. I put my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead.

She smiles and hums in approval. Then grabbing the remote and changing it to her romance TV show.

I just shook my head and enjoyed it with her, both of us drifting off to sleep halfway through the 4th episode.