-Chapter 9-

A/n

Hey guys, I'm back again with another chapter. I'm sorry about the slow updates, but I've been very busy. My goal is to write another story to get into the top rankings of IzukuxNejire, but this story doesn't have the plot for it. I have an idea for my next fanfic, but I will finish this one first. I want to make this one end well and try and make it as good as possible, so enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

         Everything hurt. I was struggling to hold my arms up, I was struggling to even stand, yet I forced myself to raise my arms to prepare for another attack. I pick them up, getting into a blocking stance, putting my legs and feet into a wide stance, prepared to take whatever is thrown at me.

"Izuku, are you sure you can continue?"

I glanced up at my attacker, only to be met with bright blue eyes filled with concern. Nejire's arms were down as she walked up to me. I lowered my guard and smiled at her.

"I'm fine Nejire, let's keep going, we only have 2 more months until the attack, we have to be ready." She flew the last distance and landed in front of me, pulling me into an embrace. I could feel the wetness on my neck.

"Why don't you just stop and take a break, you're gonna do more harm than good if you keep going."

"I can't stop, I have to get stronger, I have to succeed."

"Ok, I trust you, but don't push yourself too far."

I just nodded at her, showing her that I understood. We continued training, no matter how exhausted I was, I kept pushing myself further, knowing that I have to be stronger to succeed in this attack.

I dodged another one of Nejire's attacks, jumping to the left and then running forwards towards her. While doing this she started to fly up higher, thinking that I wouldn't be able to reach her, but she doesn't know about the other quirks One for All has provided me. I had to think whether I wanted to grapple towards her or try and fly. After making my decision, I went into action

I started to activate the float, getting ready to fly upwards, then using One for All and flicking towards the ground, propelling myself towards her. I was flying towards Nejire with increasing speed. She was shocked for a second, then she floated to the side, moving out of my way, thinking I would just fly off behind her.

That was until she felt something wrap around her arm. Looking down, she saw a black tendril connected to her arm, following it, she looked up to see me connected to her, reeling myself in back towards her, readying myself to grab her out of the sky.

She shot a spiral of energy at me as I approached, trying to slow me down, but I reeled back my other arm, charging up OFA and sending a blast of air towards her attack to disrupt it. It worked, but not to the point I expected, so I was hit by her attack, sending me off course and causing me to go on my control on black whip.

I shot towards the ground, hitting it hard, causing a crater to form in the area around me.

"Are you okay Izu?"

I slowly sat up, shaking my head to clear the fuzziness in my head.

"Yeah, I'm fine, are you okay?"

"Of course I'm fine, you're the one who left a crater in the ground, are you sure you didn't break anything?"

I checked myself over, the strain of using OFA and black whip being the only sustaining damage in my arms.

"Yeah, I'm definitely fine, my arms are just a little stiff and sore."

She smiled at me and helped me up, pulling me into her arms and holding me close.

"Let's take a break Izuku, you're exhausted and you're struggling to even stand at this point"

I agreed with her. She helped me back to my apartment, having my arm over her shoulders. Once back at my apartment, I went and took a shower, cleaning off all of the sweat and grime built up over our sparring session. After getting out of the shower, I dried myself off and threw on some clothes and went back into the living room.

"Nejire, showers open."

I sat there for a second to listen for a response, after nothing but silence, I walked over to the kitchen, only to see Nejire slumped over on the counter, fast asleep. I went over and shook her awake.

"Nejire, Nejire"

"mmMMmmmMm.....Izu....wasup?"

"The shower is open, go clean yourself off"

She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and floated off towards the showers. I grabbed a shirt and a pair of my shorts, setting them in the bathroom for her to put on once she was finished. I then went back to the living room to turn on the TV and switch to the news channel.

"...News of the day, video footage has surfaced of a hero meeting that has recently taken place. 1 month ago, many heroes were seen and recorded by an individual. They were seen all entering the agency of Sir Nighteye, what does this mean for our society and what is to come. That is all for today, come back at 6 for more information."

I turn off the TV and just sit there, the news bringing back memories of the meeting. Sir Nighteye said that Miruko and I would be leading this operation, which is why I am pushing myself so hard. I have to be in peak condition to be able to succeed.

I didn't hear the footsteps of Nejire coming into the living room, only when she jumped on top of me, proceeding to put her arms around my neck and wrap her legs around my waist, burying herself into my chest, giving a content sigh once she found the right spot.

I just put my arms around her, holding her even closer and putting a kiss on her forehead. She hummed in approval.

"Are you alright Nejire?"

She hummed again, rubbing her head up into my chin and neck, making herself comfortable. She then leaned back and raised her head to lock eyes with me, gaining a very serious look.

"Izuku..."

I gulped, knowing that something back is going to come if I deny her."

"Y-Yes Neji?"

"What were those things you used during our spar?"

"What d-do you mean."

"Those tendrils, and the way you flew at me without falling back down."

I sighed, knowing I've been caught. I knew this was going to happen at some point due to my training. So I told her everything, how I used to be bullied, me being diagnosed quirkless at a young age. I told her how I received All Might's quirk and how I've been training to control it since I gained it.

That leads up to the moment we are experiencing at the current moment. Nejire was in my arms, tearing up, no, scratch that, she was sobbing, full on crying, heaving, struggling to breath due to the sheer amount she was crying.

"Y-you real...really went t-through all of th...that?"

"I did Nejire, and I am glad I finally got to tell you. I was sworn to secrecy, but I didn't want to keep it a secret from you anymore.

She just held me tighter, hugging me as tight as she could, putting as much love into it as she possibly could, to show me that she cares and is there for me from now on.

"Hey Nejire.."

"Y-yes Izu?"

"I love you Nejire."

Her eyes widened, and after a few moments, she smiled, wider than I have ever seen her smile. She also started to tear up again, but then pulled me into a deep kiss, putting as much passion and love into it as possible. After what felt like an eternity, she pulled back, still smiling.

"I love you too Izu, more than you could ever understand."

She snuggled into me again, falling asleep quickly after all of the emotional and physical exhaustion of the day. I kissed her forehead again, following her into the land of sleep soon after.