Chapter Twenty-Six.

1 Month Later

August 15th

Dalilah and Alfonso were just coming back from the bakery. They bought a Vanilla birthday cake for Aaliyah's birthday. It wasn't too big, or too small. Dalilah was the most excited, even though they weren't having a big party, it was going to be enough to satisfy her- she hoped.

I knew she wish Daniel was around, and that things were better, but hopefully she'd just be happy with what she has today. I looked over at Alfonso who was looking down at the ground; His hands were in his pocket and he wasn't very talkative.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, really." He half-smiled. "Just kind of tired."

"Oh, okay."

"Why?" He Inquired.

"Just asking, you look upset."

He smiled, "I'm fine."

We continued walking till' we reached a small store on South Santos Avenue. We walked inside, and I looked around and hopped to see if I saw anything Aaliyah would like. I looked up to see tons of balloons, and one Huge Pink Birthday one really stood out. I looked over at Alfonso to see he was examining the candy section.

"You're gonna get her just Candy?" I inquired at him.

"She said she didn't want anything, so I'll just going to get her a snicker bar." He shrugged.

After we bought what we wanted, we left and made our way back to the apartment. We walked in the door, and I noticed Shonna in the kitchen cooking. Bella was sitting on the counter, helping her. I was in shock that Jenny wasn't her, but at the same time I wasn't. I put the cake down and walked towards them.

"What's cooking?"

"Carne Asada, Enchilada's, Spanish rice, and grilled chicken with peppers." She explained with her thick accent.

"Mmmm, sounds good." I smiled. Alfonso laughed. "Is Aaliyah awake?"

"I don't think so." Bella replied.

"Why don't you kids go wake her up, surprise her with that balloon, or whatever. Some of the family should be here around Noon." Shonna added.

I nodded, and Alfonso and I made our way upstairs towards Aaliyah's bedroom. We slowly opened the door to see she was lying in her bed knocked out. I tiptoed inside, Alfonso and Bella followed me, I walked over to her bed.

Alfonso, like an idiot, had the audacity to tap her on the head with the snicker bar, what a fail already. Aaliyah opened her eyes and looked at us, while rubbing her eyes.

"Wake up, it's your birthday illegal Mexican." Alfonso said, laughing.

"Shutup, you're illegal immigrant, too." Aaliyah chuckled, sitting up on her bed.

"Happy Birthday!" I hugged her, and handed her the balloon.

"Hey cousin," Bella added in, "Feliz Cumpleanos!"

Aaliyah laughed, "Gracias guys. Te amo." She slowly got out of bed, and pushed her straightened hair back with her fingers. She looked down at the ground, and then at us.

"We'll leave, so you can get dressed." I said, leaving the room.

"Alright." She replied. We all left, closing the door and walking back downstairs.

Aaliyah walked inside of the bathroom and looked in the mirror at herself. She was fourteen years old now, and she believed she was getting old, too quick. She smiled and ran the shower, stripping her clothes and hopping in. After the quick time, She got out, wrapping a towel around herself and going straight towards her closet.