Chapter Nine.

December 23rd, 2012

Crystal

I tried for the third time to get in contact with my brother, Trey. I was sick of hearing the same ringing noise in my ear, and if he didn't pick up this time I wasn't gonna try anymore. After the sixth ring, I wasn't surprised that I heard his voice mail. I rolled my eyes and threw the phone down on my bed.

I got up and walked out of my bedroom, and down the hallway and I heard my mother crying in the living room. I didn't really care about my mom, but I wanted to see why she was crying, because she never cried.

"What's your problem?" I inquired at my mom as I walked in front of her.

She looked at me with her green eyes and pointed at the television. I rolled my eyes and turned and saw that the news was on. They were showing a small, house that looked familiar. Around the house was the yellow tape, and there were ambulances and police cars. Then, a Hispanic looking woman dressed in a suit appeared in front of the hospital.

"Hi, I'm Samantha Cruz and I'm here with today's breaking news." She said. "It's been nearly a week since a deadly shootout occured in one of the neighborhoods of East Los Angeles, leaving two people imjured and one person dead. Minutes before police arrived to the scene, there had been complaints from neighbors saying people were shooting at the home. The person who the hospital announced was dead early this morning was indentified at Trey Scott, a gang member who was found with more than six bullets in his body. The other two people who were injured are currently in the hospital for treatment, but does not want to be indentified on the news."

The news hit me so hard I didn't know what to do. My brother was dead, and it was because of a gang shootout. That only meant that he was killed by one of the LM, the gang which Daniel and his brother were in. Tears streamed down my face and I felt myself getting angry.

This was not something that I ever expected to hear.

____________________

December 24th, 2012

Jenny

Today was Christmas Eve, and I was so excited that I was hosting my ball tonight. This wasn't anything new for me; I always held elegant parties in the massive ballroom of my home. I put my long, blonde hair into a ponytail and I left my bedroom, making my way towards the kitchen. I smelled food, and I knew that my Chefs were already cooking food for the ball.

"Goodmorning!" I cheered as I walked into the kitchen.

"Goodmorning." They responded in a low tone.

I looked and saw everything that they were making-Italian food, Mexican food, and even some American food. I was quite pleased. "Keep up the good work." I smiled, then left the kitchen.

I walked down to the ballroom, and walked inside and saw the maids setting the tables up. Some of them were setting up the large, white Christmas tree, also. The rest of the maids were cleaning up the stage, and the pool area outside. Everything seemed to be going just as I wanted it so far, so I guess I didn't have anything to worry about.

I turned around and began to leave the ballroom, but I bumped into my father. "Excuse you, dad." I said as I walked pass him.

"Well, goodmorning, mija!" He exclaimed. "Is everything going the way you want it to?"

"Actually, yes." I turned and smiled at him. "It is. And please don't tell me you're wearing that hidious suit tonight, because I will not claim you."

He was wearing an all dark blue suit, and it was so ugly that I wanted to throw up. If it's one thing I didn't get from my father it was definitely his style. "I think my suit looks pretty good." He smiled.