Chapter Ten.

Aaliyah

It was officially Christmas day, and I was as happy as I could ever be. Daniel Rodriguez was finally my boyfriend, after about ten years! I never thought that this would ever happen. It was hard to believe, truthfully speaking.

Are you happy or what?" I felt someone squeeze my hand.

I looked over and saw Daniel smiling at me. "Yeah, I am."

"Good." He said. "I'm gonna let it stay like that."

"Thank you everyone for coming!" I heard Jenny shout. "Merry Christmas!"

Everyone was leaving and the ballroom was nearly empty now. The place was a mess. But, we didn't have to worry about that. Jenny had maids, and she never had to do anything willingly. I bet that was fun. Every time my mom had a party she always left the mess for me to clean up.

"I'm getting ready to go." Carlos said.

"No!" Jenny yelled as she ran towards us. "Don't leave. Let's all go in the living room and hang out for a little while."

"Are you sure, Jenny?" Emilio asked as he came in the room. "It's pretty late."

"Where have you been?" My mother inquired at him. "You missed the whole party!"

"I was taking care of some business." He said. "Something you don't need to worry about."

"Sure." Jenny rolled her eyes.

Everyone except Emilio left the ballroom and went into the living room. I sat down on the million dollar couch next to Daniel, and Dalilah and Jake sat with us.  "The living room still looks the same." Carlos smiled.

"I know." My mom agreed. "Isolina didn't like change, much. She did have this house for about twelve years."

"Blah, blah, blah." Jenny said. "I don't speak grown up talk. It's time for presents!"

All of us looked at Jenny. She was smiling, but her smile quickly faded when she realized why we were looking at her.

"Oh, yeah." She sighed. "But, I got all you guys some presents!"

"Why?" My mother asked. "You didn't have to do that, Jen."

"You guys are familia, of course I would." She smiled, again.

"I didn't get you anything, though." I said. 

"What do you think of me, Aaliyah?" She asked. "Just because I get you something you would think I want something in return? I just told you, you're familia! It doesn't matter! So, who wants their present first?"