Chapter Eight.

December 20th, 2012.

Jenny

I woke up with the same horrible feeling I've felt ever since I found my mom dead about a week ago. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I even had dreams about it. It was haunting me, and I knew that things would never be the same for me or my dad.

I got out of my queen sized bed and walked over to my walk in closet and opened the doors. I walked in and went over to the dresses section, and grabbed my short, red, Chanel dress and went over to my shoes and grabbed my red high heels to match, and some stockings and went into the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth.

After doing so, I got dressed and straightened my long, blonde hair and applied my make up, then left the bathroom and grabbed my white Fendi coat, putting it on and then I left my bedroom.

I went downstairs and my dad was already by the door waiting for me.

"I'll see you after school, dad." I smiled then gave him a hug.

"Have a good day." He hugged me back. "I might come up there later on. But for right now you are in charge."

My father was the founder and owner of North Star Academy, a private fine arts school in Beverly Hills that I attended. You could only attend if you had talent, or if you were just plain rich such as me. I was in the eighth grade, and I would soon be making my way to high school.

Having my father being the owner of the school, he always put me in charge because he was way too busy to be there everyday.

"I'll do my best, dad." I smiled then walked out of the door.

I walked out of the front door and went straight to the white Limo that was parked near the fountain we had in front of our mansion. My driver opened the door for me, "Good morning."

"Morning!" I cheered as I got inside.

He closed the door, and I patiently waited for him to get in the car and drive off. When he did, we went straight down the street to my best friend Nicole's house and picked her up.

"Good morning, Jen." Nicole smiled as she closed the door. "Are you ready for your speech?"

Today I was going to make an announcement to my whole school about the changes that my father was making to the school, and I was also announcing the upcoming Christmas Ball that I was hosting in my mansion.

"As always." I flipped my hair.

We arrived to the school no later than thirty minutes later. Of course, there was paparazzi outside of the school taking pictures of kids that attended, which most of them either had filthy rich parents or their parents were movie stars, singers, and even rappers. My case was my dad was the richest man in the country and possibly the world. He made more than 95 million every year, so of course I was spoiled.

We got out of the car and the paparazzi immediately starting shouting questions at us and asking us to pose for the camera. I usually ignored the questions, took a couple of pictures for them, and kept it moving. So, that's exactly what Nicole and I did. Afterwards, we were escorted inside of the large building and straight to the theater.

Everyone that attended North Star Academy was already seated in the audience and they were waiting for the speech.

"Are you ready, Ms. Ortiz?" Mrs. McKenzie, our principle asked.

"Pretty much." I smiled.

Mrs. McKenzie walked out to the stage and gave the introduction to the students, and noted them to be respectful of me during my speech. Then, she warmly welcomed me to the stage. I smiled as I walked onto the stage and grabbed the microphone from her. I stood behind the golden stand and waved at everyone.