Chapter Five.

Aaliyah

Daniel and I went to the skate park, and then to the lake and we came home soaking wet since we both jumped into the freezing cold water. It was a stupid idea, but at least we had fun together. We held each other all the way home, and he even stayed at my apartment for a little while until it was almost midnight. I smiled as I reminisced on that.

I was now sitting in my apartment, alone once again. I hadn't been out and had any fun since the night I was in the hospital. I was glad that I recovered fast enough, but Carlos and my mom were making sure I stayed in the house when it was dark unless I was with them or my friends. I totally agreed with them now.

I heard a knock on the door and I got up and looked through the peep hole to see that it was Dalilah. She had on all black clothes and a smile was on her face. I knew she was up to something rebellious. I opened the door and gave her a weird look. "What are you doing out so late at night smiling like you did something evil?"

"Maybe I did," She said as she walked inside. I closed the door and folded my arms, giving her a weird look. "Maybe I didn't. But, that's none of your business."

"I think it is my business because you just rolled through my canton like you want to tell me something." I said. "So, what's up?"

"Nothing." She smirked as she sat down on the couch. "Just wanted to hang out."

"Sure."

"We should invite Jake over and have a party." She suggested.

"It's whatever," I shrugged as I walked into the kitchen. "I'll order some food and have it delivered."

"Jake will get it." She said.

I could tell that Dalilah had done something probably bad, but I didn't question her any further. I knew it would come out of her mouth eventually, and until then I would be waiting.

____________________

December 13th, 2012

Daniel

I sat at my table in the cafeteria of Parker middle school with my best friend Alfonso. We had been friends since before I met Aaliyah, and he was someone I knew would have my back no matter what. We were deep into conversation, until I heard the clicking of someone's heels coming towards us.

I looked up and saw Crystal standing in front of us. She looked gorgeous, even though she was dressed like a grown woman in a red tube top, black leather pants, and red high heels. This was a slightly different style than usual. It made me want to get back with her the minute I looked at her, but I had to keep my head on.

"Hey babe." She said as she smirked at me.

"What, Crystal?" I snarled.

"I wanted to talk to you." She said then she sat down in front of us. "Why'd you answer me like that?"

"Clearly he doesn't want to talk to you." Alfonso chuckled.

"Who asked you, Alfonso?" She rolled her eyes.

"I asked me." He said.

"Anyways," She rolled her eyes again. "I wanted to apologize for what I did to you, Daniel. I didn't think it would go that far between Joshua and I. I just want you to know that he doesn't mean anything to me. Please forgive me."

I sighed, "Yeah, Crystal. I know you didn't mean it, and I forgive you."

"So, does this mean we're together again?" Crystal smiled.