Chapter Eleven.

December 28th, 2012

Jenny

It had been been a few days since the ball, but I was still looking at decorations outside on the patio. I had been sitting in the hot tub for maybe an hour, just thinking to myself. I was still having a hard time dealing with the death of my mother, and I wondered every minute when it was gonna go away. I knew it was gonna be a long while before I did, but I had to be strong for my family. Especially for my cousin.

Aaliyah had took it harder than everyone else did. I knew that her and my mother were pretty close, probably closer than I was to her. It broke my heart even more to know that she was basically falling apart. Even though she was my cousin, she was like a sister to me. I knew I had to be there for her just like she was here for me.

Anyways, I heard the patio door open and I looked over to see my father stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

"Hey, Dad." I smiled as he began walking towards me.

"Jenny, I think we should talk." He sat down on one of the beach chairs and patted the one next to him. "Come, sit."

I got out of the hot tub, and went and sat next to him on the beach chair. He sighed as he gave me the most depressing look ever. I knew that he was probably gonna say something about my mother, and I immediately felt my heart ache coming back.

"How would you feel if you had a sister?" He inquired.

"I'd feel quite upset." I folded my arms.

"Why?" He asked. "Don't you think it would be fun? You'll have someone to hang out with all the time, and you won't be alone when I'm gone."

"Yeah, but that's what I have Aaliyah for." I shrugged. "Why'd you ask, anyway?"

"Jenny," He sighed as she looked on the ground. "I know that we're going through a hard time right now, which is why I'm trying my best to be a better father to you. And, in order to do that I have to get something off of my chest."

"Well, what is it, dad?" I asked as I looked at him.

His head was still hanging low and he had his hands together. I wondered what he was gonna say next. It must have been bad since he was acting so upset. "When your mother was pregnant with you..I was having an affair with another woman." He said.

My eyes widened and I felt my heart explode! I couldn't believe the words that had come out of his mouth. This had to be some type of joke!

"What are you talking about?" I shook my head. "Are you joking or..what?"

"I'm not joking, Jenny." He lifted his head up and gave me a serious look. "I never told you or your mother. But, now I feel like this is the right time."

"You think this is the right time?!" I yelled at him as immediate tears started streaming down my face. "Mom is dead! And, you didn't even tell her. She loved you, and you betrayed her, and me!"

"I loved your mother, too!" He semi-yelled. "I still love her. And, I love you too. If I didn't, this would have been a secret I carried to my grave. I was man enough to tell you."

I shook my head and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I can't believe this,"

"I have one more thing to say, Jenny."

"What?" I asked, looking over at him again. He tucked in his lips and looked over for a few seconds, then turned and looked me in my eyes. I could see how hurt he was, but I was still angry with him. "What is it?"

"You have a sister, Jenny."

_____________

Aaliyah