Chapter Sixteen.

Aaliyah

It had been a few hours since I seen Daniel. I didn't really feel like being bothered with his drama with Tiana and Justin. Honestly, I didn't think it was fair how he dragged me into it like I was supposed to do something. I know that he wanted me to be with him, but why would he drag me into such an uncomfortable situation?

I just decided that I wouldn't talk to him for a while. I didn't feel like dealing with him or his crazy, stubborn cousin. Daniel always picked on me about being stubborn, but she was a million times worse than I was. I actually felt sorry for him because he had to watch over her while she stayed here.

Anyway, I was lying across the couch in my apartment listening to the sound of the music playing on my television. I was so bored, as usual. I really hated being alone, but sometimes I didn't really have a choice. I was kind of glad to be alone because I felt safe and more comfortable. I guess because I had escaped Justin's front yard alive.

All of a sudden, I heard my phone begin to ring on the coffee table. I reached over and grabbed it, and answered it knowing it was most likely Dalilah or my mother.

"Aaliyah?" My mother said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said. "I just got home a few hours ago."

"Okay, don't leave again unless someone is with you." She said. "Can you do me a favor, Nina?"

"Sure..what is it?"

"Wash the dishes for me." She said. "I'll be home in a couple of hours."

"Alright." I sighed. "I love you, mom."

"I love you, too."

She hung up the phone and I threw my phone on the end of the couch. I got up and went into the kitchen so I could wash the dishes and get it over with. I really hated washing dishes, but it was the least I could do for my mom since she never had time to do them.

As I started the dishes, I could have sworn I heard something in the living room but I brushed it off thinking it might have been the television. I was known to over-react and be paranoid about the littlest things, but my mom always told me to follow my instincts. I guess my friends didn't understand that, but we all had our differences.

I continued washing the dishes, trying not to take too long so I could go to bed. I was extremely sleepy, and I just wanted to be in my bed.  As I was about to start on another dish, a hand suddenly covered my mouth and I screamed out of shock.

"Shut up!" I heard Justin bark.

I elbowed him in the stomach and his grip loosened as he fell back. I dashed out of the kitchen and tried to escape up the stairs. I nearly got to the top of the steps when he yanked me back by my hair and I fell down the stairs.

I felt one of my bones crack and I screamed as I fell onto the floor. He came down the stairs and smiled as he stood over me.

"What's up?" He asked me.

"What do you want, Justin?"

He grabbed me by my neck and slammed me into the wall. "We haven't talked in a while."

"Good." I choked out.

"I've been thinking about you, so I thought I would come by." He said in a low tone. "You should know not to run from me."