Patience

Hi everyone, I promised this update a long time ago so I hope you can all forgive me for the wait, I just have been upset with this chapter and how it's looking. I'm not fond of it and I don't think it's good writing, nor do I think that it is interesting enough to publish. But I feel bad putting it off for any longer, so hopefully you'll all bear with me for this chapter and the next will be up fairly shortly. This is unedited because I couldn't force myself to go back and read it so I hope it isn't too terrible. Again, I'm really sorry for the wait everyone.

I held onto the back of Gojo's jacket as we walked down the long hall to the meeting room. There was a quick sliding noise and I stopped. I knew that sound was the door sliding open, and I also knew that I wasn't allowed to come into the meeting room. Elders' rules.

I stood beside the door staring off into space. The door was left open and I listened in on their whole conversation, though I probably wasn't supposed to.

"Principal Yaga won't be coming for some time, he was given a false schedule. Thank you for the other day, Principal Gakuganji."

"Oh? What other day would that be?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I'm referring to the case with Itadori Yuji. (Y/n), come sit. You, go guide her." Someone's hand wrapped around my wrist and I flinched back at the unfamiliar touch. Their hand grabbed my wrist rougher than Gojo ever had and dragged me into the meeting room before I was somewhat lightly shoved down onto a plush surface.

"What are you doing!? Get that thing out of here!"

"Oh, I just assumed I should keep a closer eye on her before you have her killed too. I mean, you are head of the conservatives."

"My goodness... youth these days. Do you know how to be polite?"
"I never had any intentions of respecting you. Elders these days love to act important. And honestly, it's so annoying."
"Hey." My eyes darted around to find the location of the voice of a woman that was in the room. "Your conduct is problematic. I'll be reporting you to relevant authorities."

"Feel free. I don't intend to chat for long. Last night (Y/n) and I were attacked by two unregistered special grades."
"Oh, that is unfortunate."
"Don't get me wrong here. To me, it was about like being coerced into taking a survey in the city. The two cursed spirits were capable of communication, and they probably have allies who are just as strong. It's not just our enemies either. Hakari, Okkotsu, and your Todo.

"The level of our students has risen drastically in recent years, as well. Then there was last years incident with Geto Suguru... And now, the appearance of Sukuna's vessel. You know Sukuna promises to take (Y/n) back from us and destroy sorcerers forever."

"What are you trying to say?"
Gojo went on with his tangent, ridiculing the elders and their choices as well as their weakness. Funny, for the past few thousand years I've been easily held prisoner by these elders, yet he mocks them with no punishment. Had I said a word out of turn they would have split my tongue. Gojo is a precious sorcerer, of course he would never be held accountable.

"You don't know? The wave of power you guys have been trying to hold back with your pointless status and traditions has grown bigger than you can handle and is now descending upon us. You won't be able to measure the coming age with the classification of 'Special-Grade.'"

Does he really think they are that strong? What if Sukuna and I can't do this alone? What if they really can defeat us as easily as he says? What if everything isn't enough? Where did it all go wrong? How could I let this happen? This is all my fault, if only I had listened to Sukuna, none of this would have happened. We'd both still be ruling the world together. How can he stand to look at me after I ruined everything we had?

"Come along (Y/n), we're going now." Gojo helped me stand and escorted me out of the meeting room.

—One Month Later—

I sat alone in a hotel room. Gojo was out on a job and Itadori was with Nanami, a new sorcerer I had met. Nanami wasn't fond of me, I could tell. He won't allow Itadori to be alone in a room with me, he won't allow Gojo to let me roam free. Not that I would with blindness and my overall weak state, anyone could hurt me if they wanted to.

The whole floor was silent. Not even water dripping from a pipe. The doors to possibilities were all shut, if I can't hear anything then I'm completely useless. I won't even be able to find my way to the bathroom without some sort of noise telling me where I'm at.

The handle of a door clicked, my head snapped up in that direction. I heard Nanami's light and precise steps and Itadori's that clumsily followed. I stood to greet them but their steps were already moving away, by the time I opened my mouth to say anything they were too far gone. They closed a door down the hallway when they entered a room.

Had they forgotten about me? I'm so bored, and I'm hungry. I couldn't hear any of their conversation from where I was, so I began to retreat into myself once again.

I closed my eyes and started to think about the days that happiness was still something that was real. The days before curses existed, god how I wished I never made that mistake. I thought about my ch-

"That's enough darling."
I gasped and started to feel around.
"I'm only in your head. You need to stop thinking about all of that, you're only going to end up hurting yourself."

"There's nothing else to do Kuna... I miss those days." I sighed and clasped my hands in my lap.

"Of course you do. You were happy then. Then they took everything from us, the sorcerers caused all of this. They will get what they deserve my love."

"Why don't we deserve happiness?" I asked him quietly. I could hear him sigh.
"I have to go."

The door down the hallway opened up and Itadori began to come down to the kitchen. Behind him trailed Nanami. Itadori said hi to me and Nanami ignored me once again, like he has done everyday. I sat patiently, waiting for someone to help me, I was too afraid to say anything, Nanami reminds me of the elders.

So I waited very patiently on the bed while they ate. I'm so hungry. Nonetheless I waited.