7. The Beginning Of Our Forever...

TW- MENTION OF RAPE AND SUICIDE!!!

(This chapters a little long, but it has a LOT of information!)

In between the hours that had past, I had received 3 calls from my mother, all of which I let go to voicemail. She was probably just calling to tell me about the new episode of the bachelor.

I glanced over at Spence and noticed he was still asleep.
I had shut my eyes for a moment in his arms while we waited for the team to get back, but had been taken by sleep and just now waking up. You know that feeling you get when you first wake up and everything around you feels normal before the remembrance of all that is bad sinks in? Everything inside of me wanted to stay with him a little while longer while it felt just as it did before the day started.

The team burst through the door sending my hand flying out of Spencer's. I couldn't risk the team finding out about us...

I stood up as Emily quickly approached me.
She was holding her arms out to embrace me along with Jj and Garcia.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked.

"If you need anything let me know." Jj said.

"Thanks guys, but I'm fine... just a little traumatized but I'm okay."

"You poor thing, I promise I'll go buy you another strawberry yogurt and bake you more cupcakes... OOU! Or maybe a pie this time. I've always wanted to learn how to bake-" she was cut off.

"Kira..." Hotch began. "We found your name carved in his bed post and a picture of the two of you with burns through your face... that's a sign of severe aggression towards you and if we don't get you into the program right now, there's a high chance that he will have already found you by the time we do."

Morgan came rushing in after.
"I went to your apartment Kira, and he had been there. Everything is sprawled everywhere... he knows where you live. My question is what else does he know?"

"Oh no-" I began.

"Like I said we need to put her in protection... Now." Hotch repeated.

"Hotch, I'm not having her go into witness protection..." he paused. "I don't- I don't want her to end up like Haley."

The room was silent. Hotches face was somewhat expressionless, but not angry. It was more of an "I understand" look.

"You loved Haley, and did what you thought was right to protect her.. and I love Kira, so let me do what I can to protect her." He said officially breaking the news of our relationship to the team.

"Reid." He said staring confused between me and him.

I looked down at the brown carpet while they continued speaking.

"What do you think you can do to keep her safe?" He finished.

"I think we should go away together. We need to disappear until you and the team catch him." He said making direct uncomfortable eye contact with Hotchner. "We can still help too. I can send you information or anything that Kira remembers."

"He's right. She'll be with Spencer and she knows how to use a gun and profile, so she's not completely helpless..." Emily added in raising her arm to get a word in between the teams bickering on what the best option for my safety was.

"We won't stay at the same hotel for more than one night and we'll travel around to make sure he won't find her." he was anxious to get a word in. "We will even use disposable cells!"

Hotch began "I don't know Reid, that doesn't sound-"

Spencer gripped my hand tight and sighed. "I hope you say yes, because I know my rights and I know that Kira doesn't have to say yes to be in witness protection. I can legally take her out of state. I will gladly quit my position here without any of your permission to keep her safe..." Spencer cut him off which shocked me.