16. The Light Isn't Me

TW- guns, blood and murder.

DOUBLE UPDATE!!

Listen when you see ****

Kira's pov-
9:00 pm

Strauss had been walking around anxiously at first, but seemed to stop after reaching the bar. Maybe she just needed a drink. I know I do.

"She's heading your way Kira." Jj whispered quietly.

I hid myself in a group of people and watched as she slid past me and toward my side exit. I couldn't say anything back into the earpiece because she was too close.

She was wearing a white and bronze dress that fit tightly to her knees and she wore small white flats. Her hair was fluffed out, most likely with a blow dryer. Mascara coated her short eyelashes and light brown powder covered her eyebrows.

I watched as she snuck her way outside anxiously as if awaiting the presence of someone. My eyes lingered around for a minute in case someone was to follow her. Hotch said not to run in unless I had to, so I wasn't going to.

I moved away from the group and hid beside a large plant. The cool November air seeped through the ajar metal door sending the hairs on my air up.

I sat silently and listened as the quiet turned into small talk. I could make out a mans voice and a woman's. One of which being Strauss. It sounded like a civil conversation and the pitch of their voice sounded like what they were talking about held a deeper meaning.

A shout caught my attention as I edged closer to the door. It was becoming heated and I didn't know what to do.

"I got the letter, what the hell is this supposed to mean?" She asked emotionally as if it hurt her.

"It meant exactly what you read!" He shouted, obviously growing tired of this conversation.

I couldn't see what was happening outside because of the lack of light but I crept toward the door to get a better listen.

"I did everything you asked. Switching the papers and scaring her with the cages. There's only so much I could do with the team present." She explained.

My hand pressed against my mouth as my jaw dropped.

The cage. She wasn't preparing or testing me like she said. She was fucking tricking and scaring me.

Wait. That would have to mean... that's Ryan. That man is Ryan.

My blood ran cold and my head felt dizzy at the thought of him being so close to me. He's after me and going to kill me.

I backed away from the door far enough to speak into the earpiece.

"It's Ryan! He's with Strauss!" I whispered shakily holding the button on my ear.

I awaited anyone's worried response. Spencer's to be specific, but it never came. Nobody spoke.

The earpiece can't be dead. Please.