12. Secrets and Missing Files

Kira's pov-

Kira's pov-

After last nights bout, we walked to the beach and silently sat together in the sand. Spencer had laid his blazer down for me to sit on to avoid getting sand up my dress.

Today was terrible, but Spencer has never pushed me for information before and I think he knew deep down that I wasn't in the mood to talk, so we just sat there and listened to the calming gentle waves.

Down the beach you could hear the faint laughter and screams of love-struck teenagers frolicking along the waters edge. Everything I heard captured my attention as if my senses had been heightened. I could feel each velvety grain of sand between my toes and see the full moon's reflection painted across the dark water enticed with mystery.

Every time the chilly breeze wrapped around my skin I would breathe in the scent of saltwater mixed with flavorful aromas that drifted from nearby restaurants.

Sitting in the sand with him beside me felt peaceful, almost as if someone was playing smooth jazz in the back of my head. I would glance down occasionally at the rogue waves that washed up, saying their final goodbyes before they became nothing more than someone's memory.

I grew tired and weary after my emotions tumbled out of my body as though someone lured them with a magnet and wished I wasn't so prideful and stubborn. If I wasn't I would've leaned on Spencers shoulder, but I had to stick to what I said.

He needs to earn back the trust that he so carelessly lost.

Spencer and the team now knew the truth about my name, and there's no doubt in my mind that they'd have questions. I have to ready myself for any inquiries they would bring to my attention and if I wanted to keep what Spencer and I have authentic and true... I would have to open up regardless, so I might as well prepare myself.

And what's the best way to get yourself to spill your deepest secrets? Alcohol.

————

We are all at a standstill right now as we wait for Ryan to make the wrong move so we can catch him. There's been no recent victims and Garcia has been working overtime checking his bank for any activity, and the police radar incase she catches a 10-45D that matches my description.

Spencer has been hesitant around the subject after I told Hotch and Garcia to search my name in the system last night. I could tell he was avoiding contact with me on purpose. He gave me the day to cool down.

It made me happy knowing that Spencer didn't receive the same information as the rest of the team, but I am going to tell him. This relationship isn't going to break, I won't let it. The only thing that he knows is my name, and as much as I want to keep it that way I know that I can't.

He proved to me last night that he cares for me enough to jump with me off the pier into the depths of the freezing water. I wasn't going to just let that go, it was important. A part of me ached at the thought of him leaving me, I would be broken and I know he would feel the same. But a deeper part of me was terrified he would've jumped.